𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟖

Advanced physics was Delphina's first class of the day. She was beginning to seriously doubt whether it was a good idea to take the class or not. She was decent at math, but she never used it much. Only when she was planning heists or dividing food or counting tips. Science was never something she truly used. Now she was supposed to take a college-level science class with applied math and be good at it?

Audrey led her through the hallways of Auradon Prep's main building, pointing out every classroom she decided was worth acknowledging. Chad was trailing behind them before he had to turn a corner and head to geometry.

"And here we are!" Audrey exclaimed in excitement. "Advanced physics with Professor Hiro Hamada." She sighed in satisfaction, giving Delphina a bright smile that dropped at the sight of her friend's worried face. "Hey." She squeezed Delphina's arm gently. "Are you OK?" Delphina nodded numbly. She was very clearly not OK.

"Yeah." She lied, rocking back and forth on her feet. "Yeah, it's just...maybe I shouldn't take this class. I mean, what do a few stupid tests mean? My IQ is really probably like 119, or something. Fairy Godmother probably just exaggerated it to make me feel better. I should go tell her I wanna pick a different class." Delphina turned, ready to make a beeline for Fairy Godmother's office when Audrey pulled her back harshly.

"Hey, no! You are not backing out of this." Audrey insisted, holding Delphina by her shoulders so she couldn't escape. "You have an IQ of 187, Delphina. The only one smarter than you in that classroom is Professor Hamada, himself. I guarantee you that as soon as you read the book, you will be the best student in that class." Audrey assured.

Before Delphina could respond, the door to the classroom opened and a middle-aged Asian man in a ratty red t-shirt, blue hoodie, and baggy, beige pants stepped out, spotting the two girls. "Audrey?" He asked in confusion. "I haven't had you in a class since physical science in freshman year. What are you doing here?" Audrey smiled at the man brightly, dropping her hands from Delphina's shoulder and hooking their arms together.

"Good morning, Professor Hamada! I'm just here to drop off your newest student." Audrey gave Delphina a light shake and she smiled awkwardly, waving slightly. Professor Hamada's eyes widened in realization.

"Of course! You must be Delphina, Auradon Prep's newest genius, yes?" Delphina nodded in affirmation as Professor Hamada outstretched a hand for her to shake. Delphina shook his hand, trying to keep up her awkward smile as Audrey huffed happily.

"Well, this is where I leave you." She sighed wistfully, unwrapping her arm from Delphina's. The Tremaine girl tensed almost as soon as Audrey withdrew physical contact. After Audrey left, Delphina would be completely alone. She had never been alone before, even back on the Isle. She and Anthony were only a few months apart in age, so even as a baby, she always had someone by her side. Being alone for the first time in her life was yet another prospect of Auradon that Delphina found terrifying.

Audrey and Professor Hamada both seemed to sense her reservations about Audrey leaving and Professor Hamada stepped forward with a small smile. "Well, you seem to be my first student to arrive today." He shrugged, slipping his hands into the pockets of his hoodie. "Would you like to get a start on reading the textbook? Just so you can try and catch up with the rest of the class?" He asked. Delphina thought for a moment before nodding softly.

"Yeah, sure. Why not?" Nervously bidding Audrey adieu, Delphina followed Professor Hamada into the empty classroom.

"Baymax, can you get Delphina a textbook, please?" Professor Hamada called out. Delphina blinked at the man, slowly beginning to question his sanity and failing to notice the soft inflating sound behind her.