𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟒𝟔

NOTE: Welcome to the very last calm before the absolute storm, my friends.

Outfit Reference Images:

~~~

The rest of the day was a hazy blur for Delphina. She and Ben returned to the guest room, where Fairy Godmother practically drowned Ben in protection spells and soul amplifiers. Belle and Adam had to go hash out a new price with the wall contractors thanks to a new, fist-shaped hole in the otherwise spotless surface, Fairy Godmother left to escort Mal to her new 'room' in the palace (it was essentially just a well-furnished, maximum security cell, but Mal remained smug), Varian headed back to Auradon Prep, indignantly confiscating Delphina's alchemy notebooks as he went, and Ella and Kit left to get settled in one of the guest palaces a few miles away from Auradon Palace.

Delphina choked in disbelief when she heard the term 'guest palaces'.

One by one, all the adults trickled out until Delphina and her friends were the only ones left in the room, sitting with silence and their thoughts. The quartet was scattered across the room, all of them staring at the same wall until Audrey spoke up.

"So Fina died."

"Uh-huh."

"And Ben's soul is slowly dying."

"Yep."

"And the fairy that did all of this basically gets to just flounce around until we find a way to stop her."

"Pretty much."

Audrey nodded slowly at the confirmation, thinking deeply for a moment.

"........So does this mean we're not going to the end-of-year rager tonight?" She asked slowly, turning to look at her friends.

Ben and Chad snorted loudly and Delphina's brows furrowed, turning to Audrey with an incredulous smile.

"The end-of-year what?" She asked, a laugh bubbling up. Ben shook his head in amusement, sighing softly.

"The Auradon Prep end-of-year rager. It's this stupid underground tradition at the end of every school year. All the students get together in this clearing in the woods, burn their homework, some kids sneak back into the school to prank the teachers...it's a whole thing. Our parents pretend not to know about it, but there's only so many years you can act like there was a sudden outbreak at school that gave all the teenagers nausea, migraines, and a temporary light sensitivity." Ben explained with a light chuckle. Delphina nodded slowly, raising an eyebrow at her friends.