Road trip

(You are Kirumi Tojo)

All 16 of us were going on a road trip. We were all divided into two cars, with eight of us in each one.
In the far back sat Keebo, Kaede and Kaito. Kaito and Kaede were fast asleep. Keebo was in the middle, allowing both of them to sleep on his shoulder. In the middle was where me, Rantaro and Korekiyo sat. Rantaro was on his phone while Korekiyo was resting his head on his hand and listening to music. I couldn't tell if he was lost in thought or just admiring the scenery outside the window. In the front sat Shuichi, who was driving. I was keen on driving us all but everyone else insisted I relax instead. In the passenger seat sat Gonta, he was admiring all the animals we passed by.

After awhile I was getting pretty bored of sitting. The car was quiet (besides Kaito's snoring) and we weren't able to find a radio station that didn't play static. I looked next to me to see Korekiyo, still sitting in the same position, listening to his music. I decided I should strike up some conversation, maybe talking with someone will help tame my boredom.

"Hello, Korekiyo". I said. I was awaiting a response but he didn't reply, he didn't even flinch. I thought maybe he couldn't hear me over his music. I decided to try again.

"Excuse me, Korekiyo?" I leaned closely to him hoping he'd be able to hear me this time but unfortunately, he didn't hear me this time either. I wouldn't give up though.

"Korekiyo." I grabbed his shoulder.

"EEK!" Korekiyo yelled. I was so startled I leaned back, taking my hand away from his shoulder and onto my chest.

"Oh...my apologies miss Kirumi, you startled me, I was very lost in my music." Korekiyo apologized to me.

"Ah, that's alright." I calmed down.

"What is it you need miss Kirumi?" he asked me. "You certainly didn't startle me for no reason, right?"

"Ah..no, well I was just feeling a little bored and thought we could talk a bit." I was nervous as to what he'd say. I was ready to be rejected completely. We had never really talked before.

He took a few seconds to think about my offer before responding

"That's quite fine with me, it'd be perfect for me to get to know you better."

"Wonderful" We had the same thought although I believed Korekiyo just wanted to study me since he is the super high school level, it would make a lot of sense.

Korekiyo began to put his headphones and phone away to make sure he had his full attention on me.

"What were you listening to, Korekiyo?" I asked. I wanted to get to know him better.

"One of my favorite artist."

"Oh? Who?"

"You may not of heard of her but she's called Mitski."

I nearly jumped out of my seat when I heard him say her name. Korekiyo noticed my sudden excitement and decided to comment on it.

"Do you know her?" he asked me.

"Yes! Yes! I absolutely love her!" I couldn't contain my excitement, I was like a dog, happy to see it's owner.

"She's quite wonderful, isn't she?". Korekiyo remained calm but I could tell he was smiling wide under his mask.

"She really is!"

"You aren't someone I expected to have a similar interest to, miss Kirumi."

"Guess we have more in common then we originally thought."

We looked at each other and smiled. Through out the entire trip, me and Korekiyo, continued to talk to each other, getting to know more and more about each other. We had so much in common. I really feel like I've made great friends with Korekiyo.

 I really feel like I've made great friends with Korekiyo