4/20 special

(This is the most random thing I've ever written)

It was February 10th. I, Korekiyo Shinguji, was sitting at the table in the cafeteria. I was deep into reading my book while sipping some of the tea Kirumi so generously made for me. It was quiet, peaceful, not a single murder has happened in awhile. Everything was content and calm. Although the murders gave me a good study to do and it was quite beautiful getting to see humanity at it's most vulnerable, it was still nice to be able to relax and wind down a bit...or so it was.

"HEY KIYO!" a voice yelled out to me. The voice startled me so much I nearly spilt my tea.

"Whoever could be yelling at me?!" I said quietly to myself.
I looked up from my book to see who it was. Oh of course....Miu.

"Hey Kiyo! You're pretty smart and shit right? You think you could help me out with somethin'?" Miu asked in a loud voice.
As much as I wasn't a fan of helping her I still decided too anyway, I didn't want to be rude.

"I wouldn't mind helping you, Miu."

"Fuck yeah! Come on!"
She grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of my chair, refusing to let go of my wrist until we arrived at the garden.

"Can you let go of my wrist now?" I asked, trying not to appear angry.

"Yeah yeah whatever!"
She finally let go. I immediately began rubbing my wrist, her grip was very hard and it had left a red mark around it.

"Alright! So this is what we need to do so listen up because I'm not gonna repeat anything again!"
I focused my full attention on her.

"Ya see these seeds here? I need your help to plant these with me! We'll do it over there!"
This seemed easy enough, I'm confused as to why Miu would need my help with a task as simple as this.

"Ya got that zipper mouth?!"

"I understand, yes."

"Great! Let's get started!"
We went inside and prepared to start. Miu handed me some seeds and we began planting.

"May I ask a question from you?" I asked.

"Huuh? Yeah sure do whatever you want." Miu answered.

"Why did you invite me to plant these with you? You could've asked Keebo or Shuichi, I know you're all good acquaintances."

"What?! Those guys?! They're just a buncha' virgins and besides, let's face facts here Kiyo! My golden brain and your creepy spider infested one go hand and hand for something like this! We're the smartest ones here, of course you coming in second place from me!"
I tried to ignore Miu's offensive comments.

"Why would you need someone 'smart' for a task such as planting seeds?"

"Weeelll uhmmm..."
Miu began to freeze up. Her face turned red and she began to play with her hair. She does this when she's nervous.

"What ever is the matter, Miu? I can tell you're hiding something."

"Wellllll ya know..."

"No..I don't."

"Just don't get pissed at me alright?! These aren't some stupid ass flower seeds or somethin' alright! They're for plantin' marijuana!"
After hearing those words I immediately looked down at the seeds I was holding to examine them closely. She was correct, these are for planting marijuana.

"And yaknow since you're an ultimate anthropologist I thought you would know a thing or two bout planting these yaknow?"
I let out a long sigh.

"I do know a bit about these, yes. Why didn't you just tell me what these were?" I asked.

"Because I thought you'd get pissed off or sum alright! I don't know much about you and all how the hell would I know what gets ya pissed off, gives ya joy or gets ya turned on!?"

"I suppose that's fair. I don't mind helping you with these, Miu, please just inform me first."

"Yeah yeah whatever!"
Miu looked down at the soil, embarrassed. I wanted to cheer her up a bit and help her get to know me better.

"Have you ever planted these before, Miu?"

"Nope, neva eva. I've smoked before but never planted my own ya know?"

"I see."

"Have you ever planted these, Kiyo? Or have you ever even gardened before?"

"I ran a small garden with my mother when I was young."

"Damn, same here! My mom and me ran a garden when I was a little shit too!"

"Your mother seems nice."

"She's kinda annoyin' if I'm being honest. What about your mom, Kiyo?"

"She's wonderful. She's a very kind, caring person."

"Seems like you had a happy family eh?"

"Very."

"My family's full of morons, honestly!

"Are you close with them?"

"Not really. Don't get me wrong I didn't have some fucked up family that would hit me and shit! After my car accident I woke up and just had so many ideas! I was a new person and I just couldn't stand bein' around a buncha morons anymore who didn't understand someone as smart as me."

"I see."

"You can understand that can't ya?"

"I suppose so."

"Did you live with your mom before we were kidnapped?"

"Yes. We lived more in the country."

"How'd your parents feel about you being an anthropologist?"

"I could tell they were a little disappointed. My father wanted me to be involved in military like him. Although he was a little upset both my father and mother were very accepting of my goal to be an anthropologist."

"Damn, seems like your parents are pretty calm."

"They are. I care for both of them deeply.
Miu smiled wide and focused her attention back on planting. It was interesting seeing Miu in this state. She was very calm and able to have a regular conversation. It was nice getting to know Miu without her masked and over exaggerated personality. She wasn't as bad as I had intended her to be.

We continued planting through out the day. Miu and I talked about our family and were able to bond more and more. Me and Miu grew closer that day.

On April 20th Miu and I smoked a shit ton of weed and harassed Keebo together. The end.