iii. tatooine

Jundland, or "No Man's Land", where the rugged desert meet the foreboding dune sea. The two droids kick up clouds of sand as they leave the life pod and clumsily work their way across the desert wasteland while the life pod in the distance, rests half buried in the sand.

"Tatooine..." Anakin murmured in a very low voice. Memories flooded his brain, serving as a slave there, meeting Qui Gon and Obi Wan, leaving his mother behind to become a Jedi, returning to Tatooine after ten years only to find his mother re-married and then, holding her body as she took her last breath.

A tear rolled down his cheek as that last memory flashed in front of his mind. Obi Wan looked at his brother who had gone down the memory lane once again and sighed.

"Skywalker, are you alright?" asked Master Bilaba as she

looked at the Jedi Knight's displeased expression upon seeing his home planet.

"No, it's nothing. It's just that he hates sand" Obi Wan said in Anakin's defense. Anakin gave him a 'why did you tell them' look.

He didn't wanted anyone to know about his dislike towards sand. Ashoka and Padme smirked listening to it.

"It's rough, coarse, irritating and what was it Master?" asked Ashoka with a smirk.

"It gets everywhere. Happy now!!" Anakin deadpanned making rest of the room laugh a little at his dislike for sand.

"How did I get into this mess? I really don't know how. We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life.", Threepio whined as he and Artoo continued to walk in to the sandy wasteland while Artoo replied with certain beeping sounds. "I've got to rest before I fall apart. My joints are almost frozen."

"How come that droid will freeze in sand and more specifically a desert?" asked Rex with a flabbergasted expression as he wasn't able to understand the words of the Droid.

"He must have meant that 'sand might get everywhere'. Must have picked that up from his master" Padme mocked in an indirect manner while looking at Anakin.

A series of chuckles erupted in the theatre as they were reminded of Anakin's dislike towards sand. Anakin rolled his eyes at the comment and explained what exactly did Threepio meant.

"He is trying to say that if he doesn't get proper rest then his joints might start creating problems" Anakin explained.

Artoo only responded with a few beeps before moving forward. "What a desolate place this is.", Threepio lamented.

Suddenly enough Artoo called out, makes a sharp right turn and starts off in the direction of the rocky desert while Threepio stops and calls out at him."Where are you going?", the protocol droid asked.A stream of beeps and whistles pours forth from the smaller droid.

"I must say that Artoo and Threepio are quite a team" said an amused Caleb as he looked at the two droids one of them was constantly whining while other was whistling.

Everyone agreed with him.

"Well, I'm not going that way. It's much too rocky. This way is much easier.", Threepio snorted as he began to walk apart from thr Astromech droid while countered with a long whistle. "What makes you think there are settlements over there?"

"Is it just me, or has it that Threepio doesn't rememberanythingfrom Tatooine?", Obi-Wan mused as Anakin and Padme realized this. From what they had observed, it looked like Threepio doesn't remember anything from the sandy planet where he was created and was taken along by Qui Gon Jinn when Anakin was nine.

"That is strange, why wouldn't he remember?", Padme also wondered why.

'A memory wipe perhaps? But why would I or anyone else do that?',Anakin thought.'More importantly, where am I?'
s also the creator of the two droids.