vii. end of lars

"We can't come with you,Ben. We gotta go home. Aunt Beru must be freaking out" Jelena said as she realised that it's been hours since they left their home.

"I need your help, she needs your help" Obi Wan pleaded "I am getting too old for this sort of thing"

"Thanks for stating the obvious, Future Master" Anakin said and a few chuckles erupted in the room.

Luke and Jelena knew he was right but his ingrained sense of duty was overriding everything else ""I can't get involved. I've got work to do. It's not that I like the Empire, I hate it, but there's nothing I can do about it right now. Besides, it's such a long way from here."

"That's your uncle talking" Obi Wan said matter of factly.

"We can have permission from Uncle Owen to come with you" Jelena suggested.

"I don't think Owen will allow them to go with Master Kenobi" Shaak Ti said.

"My uncle. Man,how am I gonna explain this to him?" Luke said.

"Learn about the force, Luke and Gigi?" Obi Wan pressed. Luke simply looked away.

"I don't know whether we can, Ben" Jelena said fidgeting with her fingers nervously.

Luke sighed, considering his reasonable options, the ones that both duty and his conscious allowed.

"Look, I can take you as far as Anchorhead. You can get a transport there to Mos Eisley or wherever you're going."

"You must do what you think is right, of course."

"Well, let's hope that Master Kenobi is able to help the princess" Ashoka Tano said.

In the void of space, an Imperial Star destroyer made its way to a massive grey orb, covered in trenches and metal plates, with a large circular indentation in the upper half. It revealed to be the Empire's infamous superweapon, the Death Star.

The audience present in the room felt shivers down their spine at seeing the monstrosity that the Empire created, having known that this thing was capable of destroying any planet.

"I can't believe the separatists were hiding this all the time" Master Mundi said in a grave tone.

"I think we should postpone all our plans so that we are able to stop the extinction of Jedi and the fall of republic" Mace Windu said as an afterthought.

Within it, a group of men sat in a guarded meeting room. Most of them were old and grey, while a few others were several years younger. They were all of them clearly military and the middle of a heated discussion.

"Until this battle station is fully operational, we are vulnerable." Commander Cassio Tagge professed. "The Rebel Alliance is too well-equipped. They're more dangerous than you realize."

One of his colleagues smiled, apparently finding his concern amusing. "Dangerous toyourstarfleet, commander. Not to this battle station." Commander Motti said smugly.

"His arrogance will be the reason for his fall" Captain Rex said.

Tagge inhaled, trying to control his temper. "The Rebellion will continue to gain support in the Imperial Senate, until- "

"The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us." a voice belonging to Wilhuff Tarkin walked into the room, followed closely by Darth Vader