xi. death star

An update after almost a year.
I apologise for the delay and a big thank you to everyone who stuck by.

___________________________________________________

Tarkin was in his office with Vader, working through some military dispatches and a message to the Emperor in regard to the status of the Death Star when an Imperial officer entered.

"Yes?" he asked, not looking up from his work.

"Our scout ships have reached Dantooine." He reported. This caught his attention. "They found the remains of a Rebel base, but they estimate it has been abandoned for some time. They are now conducting a thorough search of the surrounding systems." His report finished, he saluted him, turned around on his heel and left.

"Loyalty. A great quality it is of her, appreciate I do" Yoda said, happy that the princess didn't give up so easily.

"She played smart. I am happy that she didn't give up" Ashoka said with a small smile realising that the princess lied with ease in an effort to distract Vader.

"She lied." Tarkin growled. "She lied to us!"

"I told you she would never consciously betray the Rebellion's location." Vader said, trying not to sound smug.

"Terminate her! Immediately!" Tarkin ordered lividly.

"No" there was a collective outcry of young Jedis while the older Jedis kept a neutral face at Tarkin's orders.

The Falcon screamed through hyperspace, shown as a swirling tunnel of blue and white.

"I don't like the old wizard much" Mike said as he flicked a few switches in the cockpit.

"News flash!! He doesn't like you either" Anakin sassed. Obi Wan shook his head at his former apprentice's words.

"I like him after all he is paying us enough to pay off our debts" Han said with a smuggler smile.

"That's all that matters" Chewie growled in agreement. Mike smiled at the wookie.

"Solos and their debts : a never-ending saga of fear and cockiness" Mike said dramatically, opening his arms wide. Han passed his younger brother an annoyed look.

"All they care about is money" Anakin said.

"Master Skywalker, they are smugglers who are running from Jabba. So it's rather understandable  about their need of money" Rex said and Anakin had to reluctantly agree with him.

"Alright Chewie, cutting to sub-light engines… now." He flipped a series of switches all at once. Immediately, the Falcon dropped out of hyperspace into a hail of asteroids. The ship shook with all the impacts, large or small. "What the?"

"Must've come out in the middle of a meteor shower or some kind of asteroid collision. Check the maps!" Mike checked the maps and shook his head at his brother who gestured Chewie to do it once again.

Chewie growled as he checked the maps once more.

"What's going on?" Luke asked as he and Ben came to the bridge.

"Our coordinates are correct, but no Alderaan." Han said looking at his brother who was once again re checking the coordinates.