Quality Time

Dear Florence,

Every day and every night, all I can think about is you. Our stories seem unfinished with no conclusion. I thought it would be us against the world, but now it is just me. What if we could rewind to the good days? What if we could relive our happiest moments? I would love to feel the excitement that I had when you came to my house, when we were back in our high school days, or when I proposed to you.

It seems like only yesterday that we talked face-to-face. We were talking about our problems, crying together, laughing together. I remember that your favorite movie was Parasite. I always laughed during the saddest scene, where the girl sits on the toilet, and poop or something spills out on the floor. It always terrified me for some reason, but you were there to comfort me.

I remember your terrible PowerPoint presentation on weird things people shoved up their asses. It was extremely disturbing, but your delivery and wording made all those worries go away. I just feel bad for your search history at this point. Not like anyone can see it now though, I got rid of it just like you wanted.

We once tried to run the 400-meter dash, and you absolutely crushed me. I don't know how you did it knowing that we both are extremely unfit, but I guess sitting at a computer all day isn't the greatest exercise. We did many fun things together, and I miss those days. I wish we could turn back time to those times; live, laugh, love as those stupid doormats say.

You played the violin for me when I was sad. You got me boba when I was feeling blue. You helped find the missing piece of a puzzle that we worked on together. I helped you when you fell down when we were skating, and you helped me when I starfished down the mountain while skiing. I just wish that could happen again.

Even if I did the same things again, it wouldn't be the same as us doing it. You really brought those moments to life, and that's why they stuck with me for so long. I'm still angry that I couldn't guide you to live longer, but maybe it was supposed to be like that. I've accepted it, and it is what it is. I'm holding on for too long.

I love you, to infinity and beyond.

Your lover,
George