Acts of Service

Dear Florence,

I never understood why you did this, and I never will, but why did you always fill up the gas in my car? I know it's to be nice, but you have to spend your own money on that! You can't become broke this fast, Twinkle Toes.

Whenever I was out of the house, you always did something I was procrastinating on. It could range from cleaning my car, doing the laundry, taking out the trash, and more. The thing is that you hate doing all those things. Why bother doing them if you hate doing those chores in the first place?

I always came back home to see my depression room spotless with you sitting on my bed. We would go drive in our "brand new" car and visit a flower field. This sounds so cringy writing this out, but we danced in fields of dandelions like we were main characters; you twirled in my hand and rested your hand on my shoulder like it was the one thing keeping you alive.

It was just you and me on that bright summer day. Us against the world. Just two lovers dancing with flowers around us. If only it could last forever...

We did everything in that field: met eachother for the first time, confessed there, our first date was there, I proposed to you there, and I plucked flowers from that very field for you for your funeral. As I am writing this, my jeans are soaked in mud, and my hair is still a dirty mess, but I'm back at the dandelion field to mourn you.

I'm glad I made you mine. You are the world to me even though you are gone. I've been getting old like you said. My memories have been getting foggy, so maybe writing these letters would help. I've been forgetting to put your favorite flower in the letters. That is my bad. I'm sorry.

You are the conductor to a symphony. You are the music to my ears. You are the sun that keeps the Earth alive. You are the heart that pumps blood throughout the body. But most importantly, you are mine forevermore.

Your lover,
George