[ 007 ] ❝ P2 and a surprise flight destination ❞

'You only live once, but you get to serve twice.'
- Unknown

After winning both sets in the Round of 32 match, Lucía took her rounds of media and interviews before making her way back to her hotel room. She was exhausted and tired but knew as soon as she had gotten a shower and was in her bed, with room service on the way, she'd be on the phone to Charles watching the race on her tv. She already knew his result, being P2, loosing out on P1 only slightly to Max Verstappen. She wanted to post something on her Instagram story but after Charles radio message being aired live earlier today, she decided it might be best to hone back on any more social media coverage of the two of them. It was pretty obvious that they were dating to be honest, and if people didn't think that then they definitely thought they were good friends. It would only be a matter of time now before the two of them officially announced they were dating, or did something that would confirm it. 

Charles' face was displayed across her laptop screen as she set it up on the bed, sat legged crossed as she went through the polaroid pictures she had taken so far of the Miami Tournament with her opponents, family and friends. It was a hobby really, taking photos of memories she wanted to keep forever, particularly on a polaroid camera. She showed Charles a few of her favourites and he watched and listened closely, following her every word. The smile on his face was enough to make himself smile. Despite loosing first position today to Max, only to come second, Charles felt like he had won as soon as he joined call with his girlfriend. The P2 didn't exist when he was in their world. A bubble they had created that only allowed the two of them inside, no matter the distance it stretched. She was in comfy shorts and one of his hoodies, hair wrapped up in a towel. She had some sort of cream dotted around her face and he could see her Harry Potter themed socks pulled up as far as they could go. He himself was in sweats and a hoodie, glasses and bandana on. He was at the airport, waiting for his flight. And he couldn't wait until he landed because all he wanted to do was this- see and hear his beautiful girlfriend, even if it was only through a screen. Their time zones were very different but Charles didn't mind, despite it being half two in the morning in Saudi Arabia. 

"What are your plans now?" She asked him, lowering the volume on the TV a bit more as the sound of cars racing around the track was too loud to hear Charles. 

"Rest and sleep." He chuckled, a sleepy look on his face. Lucía felt bad for keeping him up but she knew if she tried to hang up he would just call her back again. 

"Has patience finally found its way into Max Verstappen's vocabulary." Lucía couldn't help but laugh loudly at the Sky Sports commentator, Crofty, as Max hung back a bit on lap 46, just behind Charles' Ferrari. 

"Oh baby, it was so close," she told Charles as Max finally did over take him. 

"I can't say I wouldn't have preferred P1, but it was such a good race. I really enjoyed it." He still seemed happy and positive, something Lucía loved about him. 

"Who are you up against tomorrow ma chérie?" Charles took his bandana off to a run a hand through his messy hair before putting it back on. 

"Coco Gauff." The British tennis player responded, eyes now focused on the last lap of the race. She already knew the result of course, but she wanted to hear Charles radio for herself, the one that had been aired on live TV.

"P2 Charles, P2." She heard his race engineer tell him as he crossed the finishing line, despite having already known his position considering Max's car was in front of him.

"Well done to Max. That was nice." Charles, while disappointed, didn't entirely show it and instead presented great sportsmanship. "Is there a score for the match yet?" He asked, his car now driving much slower, as were the others.