Chapter 9

Tessa's POV

It's hot, so hot. I can feel a droplet of sweat running down my neck. I try to open my eyes but close them shut as soon as the bright sunlight hits my face. I turn my face away from the window and open my eyes slowly, the first thing that comes into my view our his curly hair. His left hand is wrapped around my waist, pinning me to the bed and his head is on my chest. The previous frown I had on my face, immediately gets replaced by a smile. He is here, I am her with him.

I have missed waking up like this, the last time I woke up like this was five months back in a hotel room, when he came to New York. With him being in my arms, feels like being back home after a long exhausting day at work.

My hand immediately goes to his messy hair and I caress them with my fingers.
"Mmm....." Hardin mumbles and I feel his hot breath against my chest.

"You are awake?" I look down at him

"Yes..... it's been almost one hour" his voice comes out raspy with a yawn.

"Really? Why didn't you wake me up? "

"I didn't want to... you looked so peaceful and beautiful" he says while placing his head on my chest, looking at me straight.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask, hoping he didn't have any nightmares. I know that he takes medication for that now, but I am not sure if they have stopped completely. The thought of him having a nightmare with no one to wake him up, aches my heart.

"Better than ever" he smiles a wide smile, making me smile too. I am glad he had a good sleep. I myself haven't slept like that for a while.

"Did you sleep well too?" he leans closer to my mouth and his hand slips underneath my shirt, his shirt. Goosebumps rise on my skin as soon as his cold hands touch my bare waist.

"Hmmm..." I close my eyes and focus on his hands moving along on my body. I have missed this, all of this. Past two years were nothing but torture for me, no matter what I did, where I went, how happy I was, it always felt incomplete. It felt as if a part of me was missing, a part which belongs to him since the very first I kissed him, my heart.

"Good" he says, while his hand move further up, until it reaches my bra, he slides his hand underneath my lace bra, cupping my bare breast. Oh god. "Feels good?"

"Better than ever" I repeat his words from before and our laughter fills the room. I bring my hands to his face and pull him to face me. He looks so beautiful, so pleasing, his skin has a light morning glow which is making his dark green eyes look brighter, they aren't as guarded as they use to be before. They are so full of life and hope. My fingers trace his lip ring, that until he swipes his tongue on my finger.
"Hardin! That's gross" I squeak and he grins. Soon enough he crashes his lips on mine, sliding his tongue into my mouth while he uses his one hand to kneed my breast and the other to hold him on top of me. He moves his kisses down to my collar bone, leaving a wet trail on it's way. He moves his hand down to my pantie, grazing along the lace of it, making me more eager than I already am. "Hardin, please... " I plea

Just when his hand slides under my pantie, Karen's voice booms through the locked door. "Hardin, Tessa. Are you both awake?" Damn it.

"Umm... yeah coming" I slightly push at Hardin's chest and he gets off of me. I sit up and get up from the bed to open the door, but hardin pulls me back. "You don't want to give her a show, do you?" he whispers and points towards my chest, making me realise that my breast is literally spilling out of my bra, making my nipples visible through the thin fabric of the black t shirt. "Shit!" I quickly adjust my bra and rush towards the door, when I open it I am greeted with a smiling Karen. "Hey"

"Hey, breakfast is ready. Come down." she smiles at me "Yeah. We will be down in sometime, we just woke up."

"Sure. But be down soon, Abby wants to meet you both, and Hardin sooner or later she will be asking for the Barbie set you promised to give her"

"Fuck, I forgot about it again" he whines. "And you are not allowed to curse infront of her" she reminds him and we both laugh.

I close the door behind me and Hardin walk towards me, his hand slides underneath my shirt and he pulls me towards him "Should we continue what we star...." I cut him off "Nope let's get down, Abby is waiting and so is your Dad." I say and he whines

We quickly freshen up, and I get change into a jeans and sweatshirt. When Hardin opens our bedroom door, Abby is standing infront of it, she has a doll in her hand and she looks extremely adorable with her broken tooth.

"Hey Abby!" I say. She eyes me and Hardin and smiles, a cute smile.

"Were you two sleeping in the same room? " she asks and I look at Hardin not sure what to say. "Ummm..yeah Abby" hardin answers.

"Why? Are you afraid of sleeping alone? I sleep alone and I am only 3 years old" she brags, and we laugh

"What can we say Abby, we aren't as strong as you are" Hardin says

"But you two are old people"

"Well, sometimes even 'OLD PEOPLE' need someone by their side" he says with air quotes and smiles at me.

"Abby, come down dear." Karen's voice comes from the kitches and Abby runs downstairs.

"She is so well spoken for her age, isn't she?" I say "Yeah, she is"

"Come on, let's go" I say and turn to walk towards the stairs, but Hardin grabs my elbow.

"Just to let you know, I am afraid of sleeping alone" he leans forward and plants a kiss on my shoulder.