Chapter 22

Hardin's POV

Holding her in my arm feels relieving and intimating in a way that only we can understand. I nuzzle into her blondes, taking in her vanilla scent, slowly wandering my hands on her flawless body. The fabric that she is wearing makes it alot easier. My lips begin to shower kisses all over her shoulder, then her collar bone and finally finding their way to my most favorite and sensitive part of her body, the bend of her neck. I begin to suck on it a little too hard, hoping to mark her. I pull away from her a little, only so that I can take a look at the face that has been imprinted in my heart forever. She is looking so fucking beautiful right now. Her hair are tied up in a bun with some loose strands scattered in a mess and no makeup. A smile plasters her face as I press my lips against her forhead.

"Hey you" her voice comes out almost sounding as a whisper.

"Hi baby" I tighten my arms around her waist as I pull her closer to me. She looks in a good mood, I didn't expect it though. I had expected her to be mad at me for not picking her up at the airport. Before she throws a fit, I think it's better if I apologise.

"I am so sorry that I didn't pick you at the airport! Vance called last-" she stops me by pressing her finger against my lips.

"Shhh! We aren't talking about Vance now. I am not mad" she surprises me. And then adds "Though if you are willing to you can make it upto me" a shiver runs through me as her words comes out in a seductive voice, appealing me. She is definitely in a good mood.

"And how can I do that?" I ask inching closer to her mouth. Her expressions are still, no sign of the playfulness that usually covers her face. Her eyes scream of desire and want, want for me, just the way mine tempt for her.

"Maybe you can start by kissing me" my eyes meet hers and then travel to her swollen lips. Our mouths are inches away from each other ready to be crashed in the most devoting way ever.

"How bad of you to not kiss me after-" she begins to say something but I barely hear it. I am too damn focused on the way her lips move in a slow torturous motion. That's it, enough of staring. I stop her words by pressing my lips onto her, hard enough to grant myself a soft moan. It only takes an instant for the electricity to rush through me, igniting every cell in my body, demanding her, all of her. My hands moves to her neck as I slightly pull at her hair to give me the needed access to her mouth, while her own run through the mess of my hair. It feels so fucking hot, so erotic, kissing this away after so long. It's a passionate kiss filled with lust and desire. The moment she opens her mouth I take it as a chance to slide my tongue into it, savouring her taste. Her mouth tastes like an old vintage wine.

Wait..

The wine?

I completely forgot about that! Is she drunk? She does look a little tipsy. Did she drink the whole bottle? I hope she didn't...

"Are you drunk?" I pull away from our kiss almost sounding breathless.

"What..?" she asks confused "Did you finish the entire bottle?"

"Ofcourse no" she shakes her head "And even if I had was I the one to blame? You were the one who left me with a new bottle" she giggles answering my previous question. She is right. I took the risk. I can't blame her for being drunk. Though, I would have preferred her not being drunk right now, I wanted to tell her about the offer Vance made me. I wanted her to jump in my arm when I told her about moving to New York. I wanted her to say yes to working with Vance, but most of all I wanted her to agree to move in with me. That's what I have been manifesting, fucking dreaming my entire drive back here. But, now that I know she is drunk I can't do it. I wouldn't want her to make a decision now and not remember it the next day. I might as well enjoy myself drunk Tessa before dropping the bomb.

"Alright mam" I chuckle while raising my hands in defeat.

"Come on now! Why don't you go freshen up, I will get done with the pasta by that time" her hands snake around my waist and she kisses my temple.

"You didn't have to cook, Tess. We could have ordered something"

"It's fine. Now go and be back soon." she brings her mouth to my ears, biting on the earlobe "I am waiting" she whispers and just like that she disappears into the kichen.

I am quick to get change into my gym shorts and a black t-shirt, I don't pay much time to the black turtle neck and blue jeans laying on the ground. I am not up for wasting any time by spending alone while she is here with me. But this could be it. I won't have to spend anymore time alone. I would have her living with me. I would get us a fancy apartment in New York, the one similar to our apartment back in Washington. Although that apartment is filled with shitty and haunting memories, that was our first place together, our first home. It would be nice building a home again with her. All she needs to do is agree on moving in with me and the rest will be taken care of. I would give anything to live with her. I am tormented living alone in this big ass house. I don't want to see her once a while. I want to see her every fucking day of the rest of my life.

But will she agree? I didn't for once consider the possibility of her saying no. That would break my heart, if she had to say no. She has been just as exhausted as me while doing this whole long distance shit, I don't see any harm in her saying yes to living with me. I am probably overthinking this unnecessarily. Tonight is not to worry. I will talk to her about this first thing in the morning.

I exit my bedroom walking through the hallway and finally entering the kitchen. She is tipping on her toes grating something white in the pan, cheese I suppose. The long black sleeve isn't helping though. The sleeve of my shirt. How did I not notice! She is wearing one of my shirts. Her struggle continues as the sleeve of my shirt comes falling down from her arm.

"Here." I walk towards her and fold the sleeve upwards. She thanks me by pecking my lips. "You are back so soon. Just a minute, its almost done. Cheese and then the pasta will be ready" she smiles, amusement dancing on her face. I would care less about the pasta. Just her being here, cooking for me itself is everything.

I hug her from behind, purposely lifting the black fabric, giving me access to her bare skin. She gasps when my cold fingers snakes around her waist. "No distracting" she commands but her body says otherwise when she leans into me, purposely pressing her behind onto my crotch.

"I thought you said you were almost done" I place my head on her right shoulder, planting a kiss on the bend of her neck. "I am" she breathes.

She then puts a lid on the pan and turn of the gas. I take that as my chance to lift her onto the empty kitchen counter and spread her thighs while standing in between them.

"Woah" she giggles. My hands move from her waist to trace the swell of her breast, which looks pretty evident through the thin fabric.

"We are suppose to eat now. If you do this.......the pasta might get cold" her words come out more of a moan when my lips drag on her collar bone, sliding the shirt off of her shoulder. My eyes catch at the sight of a maroon strap, shining bright on her already glowing skin.

I pull at the strap "Is this new?" I ask her "Yeah....I went lingerie shopping with Nora" she blushes while bitting down her lower lip. Fuck.

Is she wearing this for me?

"Can I see it, please?" I beg her