Introduction

Hello everyone! I was researching for the book and I simply forgot to rewrite the prologue as well, so apologies for the late update on this! Anywho, here's some quick information I'll relay to you in a second, but first off let me explain some things. - Xinfenix

・⍟・

My Goal and Purpose

One of my main goals in the books, oneshots, and stories I write are to try to be as historically accurate as possible. Of course I know I'm not going to be 100% on the money with information and admittedly as a young individual I will have many, and I mean many mistakes in the process. All I want to say is this isn't supposed to be all accurate - that's just one of my main goals. What it mostly is is something to inspire people to learn history! This was made so history could be bearable and fun to learn. I want people to read this and go, "Wow this is a really interesting event, maybe I'll look this up." I highly encourage all you readers out there to look up a thing or two about certain events, or look at the websites in the citations. Again, do not trust every word I say. Some things are right, some things could be wrong. Go look it up for yourselves, believe me it could spark something you find interesting!

I also want to quickly say: Don't be afraid to correct me, ever, that's the fun part of writing all this! Knowing you guys know some things I don't, or that you took the time to learn this makes me happy. I don't want to be too cheesy, but mistakes do in fact help you learn.

・⍟・

Warnings

Warnings are always going to be at the top of a chapter. This will notify you of something NSFL [Not Safe For Life] or the mentionings of certain countries. This book obviously revolves around the Spanish Empire along with other countries of that period, so I don't think I need to warn you of what's to come for that.

Definition of NSFL [Not Safe For Life]: Something that is not appropriate regardless of age. It commonly and mostly includes gore, murder, death, etc.

*I will not under any circumstances write anything about rape, smut, incest, shipping, fluff, or nudity*

Some examples of warnings in chapters include:
・Gore

・Mentioning of offensive countries and/or regimes

・Death

・Swearing

・War crimes

・Atrocities

With all these warnings I'd just like to say I will not be offensive without historical context. If I seem to write in a manner that is rude or offensive to another culture or country, it is because at the time they were not, to put it lightly, the best of friends.

・⍟・

Respect

Please be respectful in the comments! These are real countries, some events being written in this book have actually happened, and there were indeed real people in these wars. Even if this work is historical fiction I'd like to just remind people to still be respectful, especially since this fandom has a bad rap with *ahem* things you probably know what I'm talking about already.

・⍟・

Information and Footnotes

Accuracy in information is going to be one of the top priorities. Citations will be of course at the bottom of the chapter. Though this time I'd like to change the design to make it have a friendlier interface - something less confusing. Another thing that will be new are footnotes. These will be after citations. As for my casual "Authour's Note" usually at the end of my chapters as seen in my oneshots book, I'll be moving that to the comments so everything won't look incredibly messy.

EDIT FROM FUTURE ME 2 MONTHS LATER: Hey... did I say I would put citations? Well fuck citations I'm just going to put footnotes in because I'm really lazy... heh -_-

・⍟・

Design and Interface

Design will follow this sequence as shown to make chapters less confusing. Changes may occur depending on the content or a certain unique aspect in a chapter. Changes may also occur in the future.

At the end of the book there will be a compilation of all citations as an index. There will also be additional citations for research that isn't so specific to smaller samples of information, but for the book as a whole.

Warnings
Warnings will be here.

・⍟・

Title of Chapter or Date [If it appears]

Start of chapter.

・⍟・

Footnotes

Pretend this: [1], [2], [3], etc. Really any number in brackets in between words or sentences is a signal for a footnote which will be at the end, here.

These footnotes might not be structured like traditional footnotes. If you've read Randall Munroe's book called how to, he uses them almost like comments or authour's notes to give additional detail as well as sources.

・⍟・

With all this out of the way I'd just like to remind you guys to sit back, relax, and enjoy the story :)