The Day

(Kaeyas P.O.V)

...
He didn't know where he was, all he remembered was waiting for his (Y/N), and then he was dragged into the thick forest surrounding the cabin. He wasn't too badly injured. Just a few nasty cuts here and there. He wasn't that much of a traveller, he was the Calvery Captain, and hadn't left Mondstadt in quite a while. The dim light helped him navigate the woods, his eyes adjusting slowly to the newfound dark. His abyss mage coat kept him much warmer, it seemed to be much colder in the woods. His cyro vision definitely kept him cooler, but after the rain, it was obvious his body temperature was much lower than it should've been. He needed to find a way out of here, to find...you. You were all that consumed his thoughts now, after natural human needs, you were there. He didn't love you per say, but you meant quite a lot to him. Apparently you meant a lot to the man in the shadows as well.
.
Kaeya knew he was there. It was the only explanation. That fucking pussy. Why couldn't he just fight him? It being that man explained a lot. The flowers, the ominous feeling, the pulling into the forest. He had to hand ot to this stalker, some of those flowers were....hard to get. They could only be found on the mountains. But no matter. He could do better than the man that just hid alone in the shadows.
He could never know you like he did. It didn't matter how powerful this man was. He didn't care. He didn't deserve you. And he would prove that
...
As soon as he got out of here. Hypothermia was quickly catching up, it only getting colder and colder. His vision was not helping. Liyue wasn't known for being cold, in fact, it was usually warm. Why now? He wondered how you were doing. If you were okay. Shivering, he watched from the underbrush as the sun slowly said goodnight to the world, and gold hues lined the forest floor. He knew the forest was closer to Mondstadt, there weren't many forests in Liyue. Both you and him had decided to stay closer to home, traveling into the city every once in a while before training. It only got colder. He could hear the animals trailing around him, the birds ready to dive on his dead body if he didn't get to shelter soon. The sun kept falling lower and lower, he was not ready for this. He could never be.
...
A whisper from the forest.
He heard it, it wasn't a creature.
A man?
"You aren't escaping."
A silent statement, but still present.
Kaeya quickly darted towards where the voice came from.
Oh Barbatos.
Oh my Archons.
It was that man
The one who seriously has some mental issues.
His eyes glowing gold in the dark night, like an owl in the trees.
Kaeya looked him up and down.
What could he want?
Something, obviously.
Oh well.
"What do you want?"
Kaeya asked, not wishing to encourage this person.
"Nothing much. Just don't get in my way."
"Way of what? Awh, let me guess, Y/N? "
...
(Zhongli P.O.V.)
Oh.
How could he know?
How did he know?
Did he see him?
Oh my, a smart fella.
Maybe he could tell?
He saw the slight frosted flower bits on him.
Oh no..
(Y/N) never got their flowers.
The rage filling him wasn't measurable.
As the world went into a tunnel.
Zhongli decided something must be done
This.... Imbecile had gotten in his way. Even if he didn't know.
It was too late.
They wouldn't know
It would just be an accident
Just an accident.
His love would be just fine.
But this sapphire man
Would not.