Prologue: The Last Helper

Monastery of Spinjitzu

The waning moon was shining brilliantly as it seemed to hover in the vast space that was beyond the sky of Ninjago. Descending onto a large building sitting silently on top of a mountain that was obscured from the ground by clouds. A cloaked figure suddenly burst through the large doors as another was chasing them and asking for them to stop.

A child, no older than five, attempted to pursue the other two but was stopped by the staff placed in front of him. The child looked at the man who was halting him. He was wearing a long, white robe with a straw hat and sporting a long white beard.

"Master Wu, please! Let me go after them!" The child pleaded as Master Wu shook his head.

"Have patience. The winds have yet to blow this way." The old spoke in a riddle the child didn't understand. But he obeyed the command as usual and went back to his quarters.

The next day came and once the child was finished with his tasks, he sat in front of the gates and waited for the return of his father and older sister. When they didn't return he did his routine the next day and waited again, and again, and again until this became a part of his routine.

Days turned into weeks, the weeks turned into months, but the child didn't lose hope. Not until the child became a teen and the day his missing family members became an anniversary that was passed its twelfth year.

Eventually, the teen suddenly just gave up on waiting for his family to show up one day. He allocated the new free time to something productive.

The reassurance Master Wu gave when he was a child helped keep his hope. "Do not lose faith, Y/N. Those who do will never forgive the faithless for what they've done," Wu said as the teen just turned away. It seemed as if those 'winds' Wu mentioned would never blow to the monastery.

But something did come to the monastery. It was the darkness of an old enemy who was brewing a plan that would change Ninjago for the worse. Master Wu sensed this and decided it was time to make his preparation.

He told Y/N to make some space for people to live at the monastery and he did so, knowing that it was time for Wu to train Ninjas again and for Y/N to assist them in whatever way he could for the first time. Just as past generations of Bangshous had before him.

Only for this Bangshou, he was The Last Helper at the monastery. Y/N hoped that the ones chosen by Master Wu wouldn't be very demanding of the teenage Bangshou.

Fin~