Rusted Purpose (2)

AFTER HER RETURN

I powered back on, and my system automatically did a system check and reset. As soon as system 43 was checked, I forced it to shut off once again. By the data from it, I had been half shut on and shut off several times within the last two days, so it wouldn't go off. I guesses Ballora, the only robot down here that had my blueprints, had warned whoever was fixing me about that.

I turned on completely; the interface being closed. I saw a panel was up on the wall, and my blueprint was being projected onto it. It was shut off shortly after by Funtime Foxy. I could tell the air around him was tense and on-alert.

"Welcome back." Lolbit said. I nodded a thanks to the two of them. "Do you know how long you were in that room?" Lolbit asked after a moment of silence, as I got off the table.

"Since we got back from tormenting William." I answered. "Around 27 or so years." I added. "Was that why you were in that room?" Funtime Foxy asked suddenly, not on with the current topic or facing me. "What?" Lolbit asked, turning to her brother.

"I... I g- guess so..." I stuttered quietly, caught off-guard. "Could you actually move?" He asked, still not facing me. I shook my head no after a moment. "I- I could not. Trust me... I t- tried." I added. Me and Elizabeth both agreed to never mention that moment, so we never talked about it.

Foxy was silent, and I looked away from him. "I never wanted it to happen. I didn't know it would." I commented to no one in particular. Lolbit finally caught onto the topic. The air was becoming more tense.

He growled something illegible and walked out of the door. "Sorry 'bout him. He's... not too happy about- 'that'." Lolbit said. I turned to her. "It's alright. Me and Elizabeth agreed to never talk about it... so it caught me completely off guard." I told her.

"Do you know where she is?" Lolbit asked. "She rested with... my original target... Charlotte Emily. According to what I learned from her, William still killed her, one way or another." I answered. Lolbit nodded solemnly.

"Ballora is waiting for you in her gallery, by the way." Lolbit said. I nodded. "Alright, thank you Lolbit." I said, and made my way to Ballora's gallery. I felt a flutter in my chest at the thought of seeing the beautiful woman once again, though I couldn't guess why.

(431 words)