Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Familiars. How Could This Go Wrong?

I roll to the side of my bed and look out the window. The 'sun' is just rising in the sky and the birds are waking up and flying by. Sighing fron exhaustion I pull my blankets off. I stand up allowing the nightgown I am wearing to fall to my ankles. Making my way to the bathroom I quickly shower, brush my teeth, and put on the odd smelling perfume. I smooth out my school uniform and brush my hair out; over my uniform I put on my apron. Once I'm prepared and dressed for the day I leave my room and head down the hall. As I turn the corner I run into Opera. "Oh, good morning!"

"Good morning?" Opera greets back in a confused tone. "What are you doing awake at this time?" I tilt my head and furrow my brow.

"I was going to help around the house; you know, my job? I was planning to start early," I respond stepping around them. Opera turns around and watches me. "I normally wake up at this time anyways remember?"

"Oh, I see the misunderstanding," Opera says. I stop and look back at them confused.

"What misunderstanding?" I ask.

"Your job is to stay by Iruma's side like you were told," They explain. I stop and think for moment. 'Oh that's right.' I shrug and continue my walk.

"Well it's too late now," I say. "I'm already awake so I might as well do something productive." Opera nods and goes back to walking the way I came from. 'Wait, why were they awake so early? I'm the only one who normally wakes up at this time.' I wave it off and make my way into the kitchen. I walk to the sink and start to wash the dishes left over from yesterday's dinner. There is quite a lot of them, but it's nothing I can't handle. As I wash the dishes my gloves start to bother my skin. Sighing I stop and look at them. I try to avoid taking off my gloves as much as possible. Even when I shower I try to just wash underneath them.

I slide my glove off and lay them next to me. I feel unbelievable nauseous so I lay my head in my hands and close my eyes. When I did that I see the hallway. I focus on a different room in my mind and the view in my eyes dissipates to show the room I want to see. I lean off my hands and run them along the line on my arms. This is my blood line ability, 'All Seeing Eyes'. On the back of my hand is what looks like a tattoo of an eye there is also a matching eye on my palm. With it I can see wherever I like as long as I have seen the room before; though I personally don't know the extent of it and I'm not sure I want to learn it. I wear the gloves to stop it from working; because it gives me terrible nausea beyond belief. I quickly wash my hands properly and dry them. After I did that, I put my gloves back on before I throw up.

Eventually Opera comes into the kitchen and we start to cook breakfast. I need help with certain things because I'm still learning, but Opera will come over and help. Eventually breakfast is finished and I put it down on the table before Lord Sullivan can drag Iruma in. "Go eat as well you have school soon." Opera tells me. I nod and they put a hand on my head. looking up I smile at the older who pats me. Rushing away I go and eat my breakfast quickly. I practically inhaled all of food before rushing my way to the where the dinning room. I didn't realize I had entered quietly as I stand behind Iruma.

"Have you slept well?" Lord Sullivan asks him. Iruma nervously squirms as he sits.

"Eh...y...yes," Iruma answers stumbling on his words.

"Today is your first day of school." Lord Sullivan says to the blue boy. Iruma looks down and thinks for a moment.

"I have something to say," Iruma says raising his hand up. 'Wow the confidence we love it!'