Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Resting at Home

  With a groan I stretch my back until I hear a satisfying pop. Sighing I relax my body and look over to my bed where Iruma is sitting and talking to me about how he managed to befriend the Guardian of Cutthroat Valley. I nod along as I brush my hair back. "And then we arrived at the finish line, but um, Y/n?"

  "Yes, Iruma?" I turn to him curious what he wants to ask.

  "Where are you going?" 

  "Oh, I'm going to be having dinner with my father and staying 'til Monday morning I'll be back before school," I explain putting my brush down.

  "Oh, okay, I was just wondering why you were getting so dressed up," Iruma says with a still vaguely confused tone. I look down at my outfit. 'This is dressed up?' I'm wearing beige, pleated dress pants that I cuffed at the bottom and an ivory turtle neck sweater. I haven't even put on my shoes yet and he thinks this is dressed up? This is pretty simple compared to what Dad would give me to wear.

   "Yeah, I guess I am a little dressed up, but compared to my dad I'll probably be underdressed," I explain with a small laugh. Iruma is looking at me curious as to what I mean. "My dad is a fashion designer so it's not completely uncommon for us to try to always look our best." Once I finish my short explanation I look in my drawer with all of my gloves. I pull out a few before putting them back. Iruma walks up next to me and looks at them as well. He pulls out a pair of lace gloves with a small white bow around the wrist before it flairs out.

   "How about these ones?" I hesitate as I look at them. 

   "Oh, um, I guess," I say as gently take them. 

  "Is something wrong with them?" I feel bad at how worried the blue eyed boy looks.

  "No, I really like these, they are very pretty; it's just I try to avoid wearing lace gloves because my hands have...symbols on them that make me slightly insecure, and you can see them through the lace," I explain. Iruma looks at my already gloved hands then at the drawer.

  "You don't have to wear them if you don't want to," Iruma says reaching to look at some more; I slam the drawer shut before he can. Iruma yelps and retracts his hand quickly. 

   "No, You picked these for me so I'm obviously going to wear them," I say stubbornly as I walk over to my bathroom and stand at my sink. Iruma follows and stands next to me patiently. With a deep breath I take my current gloves off. I can feel the usual side effects take over as I lean on the counter for a moment. Releasing my breath I quickly wash and dry my hands. I look at the lace gloves but my eyes start to hurt and my vision fades to different places every now and then. Static fills my ears and the flashing starts to darken around the edges centering on the middle; in my pain I close my eyes tightly. I feel someone, most likely Iruma, take one of my hands and slide a glove on. Once both my gloves were on I blink away the blur. Feeling my hand still being held I look over to see Iruma admiring the eyes on the back of my hands. I yelp and pull back quickly cradling my hands as if I was burned.

  "Oh, sorry!" The young teen flushes. "Um, If it helps at all, youdon'thavetoacceptitoranything, but I think the eyes on your hands look cool." I blink as I feel my cheeks start to warm. Turning around I grab my old gloves and throw them in my hamper.

  "Haha! Thanks!" My words come out more nervous than I had originally intended for them to.  I look down at the gloves. Like all of my gloves they fit perfectly even with my manicured nails. The gloves don't have any particular pattern on them and almost looks like my normal hands apart from the seam. I pull my sleeve down to cover the bow on the wrist. Exiting my bathroom I grab a pair of white pumps/dress shoes to wear. Once I'm finished getting ready I grab a small hand bag that I put my phone in, my ID, along with the class picture; somehow I even manage to fit my uniform in. The two of us leave my room and head to go see Lord Sullivan and Oprea before I return to the human realm. We find them in the living room talking.