Wannabe?

(Watch video for the vibes)
Seoul 9:27PM

The waitress returns to the table a few moments later, placing 3 beers in front of the men, and a J2O.

The orange one of course.

Jungkook takes a sip of his beer and savours the taste.

Jimin raises his beer glass and the rest follow

'Here's to a good night, good company and good music boys', they all cheers their glasses in synch.

Jungkook pulls a cigarette out of his wallet, he takes his lighter and pulls it to the end of the cigarette. It lights as he blows a big puff of smoke out. He sits back in his chair, spreading his legs.

Suddenly, someone walks up onto the stage. It's not a band, just one man, and he definitely doesn't look like a punk rocker.

'Who the hell is this wet wipe?' RM proclaims, forcefully placing his J2O on the table

'Yeah not gunna lie, he looks like he couldn't string a tune together' Jimin adds

'Even if he could, if it's not rock it's rubbish' Yoongi finishes

The four nod in agreement.

The man on stage has flowy black trousers on, a white billowy blouse, a pearl necklace some pearl earrings to match. He looks more like a Harry styles wannabe more than a punk rocker. His hair is a dirty blonde, parted in the middle with fluffy curtain bangs.

The man taps the mic, white noise fills the room, practically deafening everyone, causing the room to fall silent. The man winces at the awkwardness he's just created.

'Hi I'm Kim Taehyung and this is 'Singularity' a song I wrote myself. Uh enjoy'

Yoongi turns to the others and fake snores and yawns, they all laugh as Jungkook takes a drag from his Cigarette.

The lights go dark in the bar and the single spotlight remains on the man.

The track begins to play. The song is a slow, jazz sounding song, definitely not what Jungkook had come to listen to. He throws his head back in a 'god this is boring' kind of way. He beings looking around, not one bit focused.

Everyone seems to be watching the man though.

He begins to sing. Jungkook's attention is suddenly averted to the stage.

'A sound of something breaking, I awake from sleep, a sound full of unfamiliarity, try to cover my ears but I can't go to sleep'

The man's voice is raspy, deep, it sends shivers right down Jungkook's spine. He sits forward in his chair , resting his arms on his knees as he takes another drag.

Jungkook physically could not take his eyes off this man, he watched the man's hands on the microphone, the way he held it when he sang. The way his eyes closed and face scrunched when he hit high notes.

'It's ringing again, that sound, a crack again on this frozen lake, I dumped myself into the lake, I buried my voice for you'

'God these lyrics are far too deep, boring' Jimin huffed

Jungkook abruptly shushed Jimin

Jungkook's jaw was now wide open, no one would notice himself letting his intimidating persona slip for a couple of minutes. His cigarette had practically burnt out because he had forgotten all about it.

'Fuck' he muttered

'Fucking shit amirite' RM added

The man on the stage neared the end of the song, emotions pouring out of him, you could see the heartbreak on his face.

'Tell me if my voice isn't real, if I shouldn't have thrown myself away, tell me if even this pain isn't real'

The man makes eye contact directly with Jungkook. They hold it as he sings the final line

'What was I supposed to do back then'

The man on stage smirks at Jungkook and breaks the eye contact.

The audience applaud the man and he bows, practically a standing ovation. Jungkook almost joins in but decides to go back to his manly mode, leaning back into his chair and manspreading.

Yoongi throws a gang sign

'Worst. Song. Evaaaaa'