💫🍄🧚🏼MEET OLLIE💫🍄🧚🏼

Any pronouns, they/them preferred

Aspiring author and content editor with a thirst for romance and the desire to explore different genres, themes, and scenarios. So, stories you find here may be highly disparate from one another apart from having a romantic element, excluding sequels.

Publishing started in November of 2021, with the goal of one chapter every Sunday (4-5 chapters per month). If you like what you find here and want more content, you can follow my personal link for drafts, sneak peeks, and side project updates.

Read for Read, Comment for Comment, and Follow for Follow upon request. Also offering content editing, beta reading, and proofreading services on a freelance basis - just shoot me a pm if you're interested!

 Also offering content editing, beta reading, and proofreading services on a freelance basis - just shoot me a pm if you're interested!

The story being highlighted is, Kitten and can be found on ParcticeMakesPrefect

🌸 What gave you the idea for your story?

Kitten actually came about as an amalgam of a bunch of different things. It's more a combinations of a lot of smaller things rather than one big 'eureka' moment. But the gist of it is the 10 year time gap that the characters need to overcome.

I was an awkward, scrawny teenager, and I never dated in high school. I felt very unattractive at that point. Then felt even less so when I started going through physical issues that made me drop out. That was a little more than 10 years ago and I'd been thinking about how much my life's changed since then.

I'm mobile again, I've dated and have someone who loves me. I know I'm desirable and feel more comfortable in my own skin. Sometimes I feel like my younger self wouldn't recognize me now and I probably wouldn't recognize a lot of the people I knew then if I met them again.

I wanted to look at that essence of change and really take it to the extreme. I wanted to explore the radical changes I experienced as well as the parts that stayed the same. So taking a scrawny, awkward beanpole (like myself, or how I saw myself) and having her grow into a very beautiful, but still very flawed and hurt person, really resonated with my personal journey.

🌸 What types of stories can readers find on your profile?

I love love. I've always been into romance and most of the stories I want to tell have a romantic element to them, if that isn't the center of the plot itself. But I'm into a lot of different genres, starting and stopping projects ranging from contemporary literature to fantasy, sci-fi, historical fiction, dystopias. Pretty much anything.

🌸 What made you join our discord and what keeps you there?

When I started posting chapters of Kitten I had no idea what to do to promote myself. It's raunchy and a little risque for a first book. So I wasn't comfortable sharing it with people I know. That drove me to reddit, then to the wattpad subreddit, then to the discords on the wattpad subreddit, and eventually to Age of Pages.

🌸 When did you start writing?

I'm not sure when I started writing in earnest. Though I've been making my own little stories since at least 11-12 years of age. I've always had a love for creating characters and putting them in situations with each other and seeing how they interact. I'm shy and it was a way for me to explore social experiences in a more comfortable setting.

🌸 Any advice for new writers?

New writers, don't stress over your first thing being perfect. In fact, write something that you know won't be perfect. Write things just for yourself and write things you'll never finish. It'll help you pick up on what works, what your author's voice is, and help you get comfortable with putting words to pages.

Set aside an hour a day to just write even if you only get twenty words down in that time. If you really feel blocked during your hour then use it to expand your vocabulary. Look up a word you don't know the meaning of, write it down, then repeat. Even if you're not writing you'll still feel productive and it'll help keep you from falling into a perfectionist slump.

 Even if you're not writing you'll still feel productive and it'll help keep you from falling into a perfectionist slump