𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

❐❑ 𝐊𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐘 ❒❏

        ― I NEVER REALLY KNEW my brother. He was always too invested in his own life for me. It made sense, I'm fourteen years younger than him. He didn't need a little sister thrown into the mix, he had been fine on his own for his whole life.

        I don't think he hated me. At least, not entirely. I think he felt something towards me. He would stare at me sometimes, I liked to think it was his way of showing affection. But he never spoke to me, not voluntarily. I barely remember what he sounded like. He was always very secretive, even more so after he graduated Hogwarts. It was rare for him to visit home.

        When I was seven, Peter had been arrested. Not just arrested, but thrown into Azkaban. It was the same night Voldemort had died. My mother never told me what happened. I don't think I want to know.

        We moved to France a week after that, and I lived a great life there. I went to Beauxbatons for my magical schooling, and I excelled. I had lots of friends, I was top of my class, and I was sort-of popular amongst the staff and students. It was amazing. I graduated with many awards, and was even offered quite a few jobs in the ministry straight out of school.

        The job offers were great, with a wonderful pay and great circumstances, but politics never interested me. I moved back to England with a heartfelt good-bye to my mother and opened my own shop in Diagon Alley instead, called "Kitty's Krafts". I loved art, it was a wonderful hobby. I wasn't the greatest at what I did, but it fascinated me. I enjoyed talking to my customers about their projects, they were so passionate about their art.

        I lived a quiet life. I didn't have to worry about anything other than my next shipment of yarn, and it was peaceful. I wish I could say I was content, but I felt like I was missing something. I felt like I had more to contribute to this life. More to give. I was just waiting on an opportunity.

❐❑ 𝐉𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒 ❒❏

        ― I'M SCREAMING. EVERY OUNCE of my being is yelling at me. Telling me to wake up from this terrible, horrible nightmare. I'm shaking, tears streaming down my face. I had run inside as soon as I saw the blown-apart roof, only to find my dead wife and son.

        I had been on an order mission that night with Sirius. We were to spy on a couple of Death Eaters who patrolled Diagon Alley. After gaining a little information about a mole in the Order that was leaking information to You-Know-Who, we headed home for the night, only for me to find my house blown to pieces and my family bleeding out on the floor.

        I couldn't bear the dead look in my wife and son's eyes. Their complexions were pale, sickly, and grey. The light in their once joyous faces gone. I held my baby in my arms, cradling Lily's head in my lap as I sobbed and cursed the world. I cursed the world for letting this happen to my family. I cursed the world for not doing something to stop them. To stop me from leaving that night.

        That was in August of '81. On Halloween that same year, the Longbottom's were killed, and Neville became the Boy Who Lived. We found out soon after that that Peter Pettigrew was the rat in the Order. I could have killed him, but I didn't get the chance before he was taken away to Azkaban. Sirius and Remus were there for me always after that, but I couldn't mend the ache in my heart. I had lost the love of my life and my son all in one night, I couldn't shake the pain of it all.

        The next few years were spent like I was a machine. I'd wake up, go to work, come home, drink, and repeat. I rarely slept. If I did, I was black-out drunk. Sirius tried to break me of the nasty habit. Remus, too, but it was routine now to drown my sorrows in a glass or more of booze.

        In spring of 1992, rumors of Voldemort returning spread. Neville Longbottom had saved the Sorcerer's Stone from falling into his grasp. Hearing this caused me to gain sudden motivation. Motivation to avenge my family. I trashed the liquor and devoted myself to aiding Neville in the fight to save the Wizarding World, and joined the Order once more in 1995, ready to fight to the death for my family.

        I'd do whatever it takes.

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂