Chapter 6: Won't you stay with me?

(Bit of a short chapter but I wanted it to be filled with lot's hualian fluff <3)

Creds to checayy ^

As soon as they returned to the heavens, they were instantly swarmed by many worrying officials.

"My lord, are you unhurt?"

"How did things go, my lord?"

"Are you alright, my lord?"

Hua Cheng paused all of their chit chat and unnecessary questions with a simple wave of his hand.

"Enough. This lord is fine." He grumpily spoke, raising his hand to rub at his temples.

"You must be tired, my lord, please rest." Ling Wen made herself present as she calmly pushed through the crowds of officials.

She all gave them a look and they immediately scuttled away to give the three space.

"Ling Wen, my saviour." Hua Cheng finally felt like he could breathe again.

Ling Wen huffed at that.

Xie Lian noticed how sunken her eye bags were. They seemed to have gotten a lot worse than since he last saw her.

"Relay me the details once you've rested." Ling Wen respectfully bowed and turned on her heels to wander back to her palace.

"Always respectful to me and addressing me formally when others are around, but she does the complete opposite when we're alone." Hua Cheng rolled his eyes.

"You seem to prefer it that way." Xie Lian spoke.

Hua Cheng raised a brow in amusement and laughed a little.

"Gege knows me well. I don't care much for titles anyways."

Xie Lian could understand that. He made him address him as 'San Lang', after all. Xie Lian only ever addressed him as lord whenever there were other people around as well.

Did that make Ling Wen special to him, by any chance? He clearly remembered how Ling Wen called him by his name when they first met.

"Are you close with Ling Wen?" Xie Lian bashfully asked.

Hua Cheng pondered his question for a moment, and immediately waved his arms in denial.

"It's not what gege thinks. We don't have a special kind of relationship, or anything of the sort."

Xie Lian felt a bit embarrassed. He did have a thought that maybe the two had some sort of special relationship, and couldn't help but ask.

He was relieved to find out that it was nothing of the sort, though.

Wait, why was he relieved???

Xie Lian quickly shook the thought away and pointed at Hua Cheng's palace.