Chapter 14: The Emperor is in a bad mood

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating this fic for almost a month aaaaa I wrote daily and posted a new chapter every day and was hoping I could continue my streak until the end of this fic, but alas! My writers block had to kick in... T-T

I'm back with another chapter though and I promise there will be lots of fluffy hualian and pouty Hua Cheng (because of the last chapter), enjoy!!!

"My lord seems to be in a bad mood today..."

"Best not upset him..."

"No, no, don't look, don't even make eye contact with him! He's scary, truly scary looking today!"

A crowd of quiet, whispering officials all gathered round to gossip about the heavenly emperor's supposedly "bad mood" today.

They all watched him from afar at the heavenly capital.

"Why is he looking down like that? Does he wish to go down to the mortal realm or something?"

"Go! Just go! Let the mortal realm deal with his bad mood, aiya! We don't want to deal with him!!!"

The officials almost trembled as they recalled past experiences, it seemed.

Hua Cheng was usually calm and composed, in fact even nonchalant most of the time. That's why whenever he was in a bad mood, it truly shook the heavens to the core.

The infamous tale of Hua Cheng rising to power and immediately challenging 35 heavenly officials was still the hot gossip of today. With 33 of the officials being banished from the heavens and all their temples burnt, it was at that day that no god or mortal would dare to even think of messing with him from that point onwards.

Of course, the officials were all loyal to him and respected him greatly, however, that didn't mean that they didn't fear him in the slightest. The point was that they were all batshit terrified of getting on Hua Cheng's bad side. So in times like these, all the officials would create some space and wouldn't dare approach the emperor for any sort of matter.

This was one of those times.

Hua Cheng sighed as he stood behind the railings on the great red bridge that connected to the great martial hall.

"Could it be...that trash coll- I mean his highness the crown prince? Could he be the reason why his lordship is so uneasy today?"

"That's a good point...my lord doesn't seem to be so fond of anyone other than his highness."

"I heard rumours that his highness was colliding with the ghost king, but you didn't hear that from me!"

The officials continued to gossip.

Hua Cheng grew irritated, this whole time he had tried to ignore the bystanders gossiping for their own sake but he couldn't handle it anymore.

He mechanically turned around and shot them all a death glare.