Chapter 6

Zoey groans in pain as Bailey does too, groaning in pain.

"Relax. You're okay.", A man says to them as they both groan in pain.

"I've brought you to a safe place.", The man says to them, Bailey groans.

The man puts a needle into Bailey's wrist and she groans in pain.

"What's happening?", Bailey mutters opening and her eyes and all she can see is blurry in her vision.

Then, the man puts a needle into Zoey's wrist as she groans in pain from the needle.

"Your heads will clear in a few minutes. I'm tracking your father's phone. He's on his at here. I'm going upstairs to try and buy you some time.", A random man says.

"Be careful.", A women says.

"I'm gonna come back.", The women says to the random man.

Zoey groans and Bailey gets up on her knees but she can't see, it's blurry like Zoey's vision too.

"Zoey? Bailey? Hey, I know you guys are confused, but you really gotta listen to me, okay?", The women says to Zoey and Bailey.

"There's not a lot of time.", The women says to them.

"Who are you?", Zoey asks the women as she tries and stands up.

"I've been watching both of you for so long. I forgot we're not already friends. I'm Claire.", The women says to Bailey and Zoey.

Bailey stands up leaning against the wall as Zoey stands up slowly.

"Please be careful, okay? Look, you're free to go at any time. But I really need your help. So if you could just hear me out. Please." The women says to them.

Bailey looks and her vision is cleared and not blurry anymore.

Bailey looks around and sees the clues that we're apart of the story Zoey was walking about.

"Those are the clues.", Bailey tells them.

"The subway, the rain, the bank, the beach. It was...", Zoey says to her not finishing her sentence.

"It's you. The story's about you. Sonya...", Bailey says to her.

"She was my mother.", Claire says to Bailey and Zoey.

"And the mural. The date. That was the day she died, right?", Zoey asks her and Bailey nods.

"I knew you guys would be the one to see me through it all.", Claire says to Bailey and Zoey, smiling.

Bailey and Zoey look at the escape room that they have been through blueprints.

Bailey and Zoey look at each other, shocked with anger.

"What is that?", Zoey says walking but she touches the glass that's blocking her from Claire.

Bailey touches the glass and looks at Claire. "You designed the room?", Zoey says to her.

"You don't understand, okay? My father, he locked me in here. He forced me to do all of this.", Claire says to Zoey and Bailey.

"You're a murderer!", Bailey yells at her, with anger.

"I resisted as long as I could but I realized that my only way out was if I had your guys help, if I gained your trust.", Claire says to them.

"Why would we trust you? You killed Ben!", Bailey yells at Claire.

"Because I saved him. He's alive, Bailey. Ben's alive.", Claire tells them.

"What?", Zoey says shocked.