~4~

I figured out where we are.

We're in Spain. We walked all the way from Morocco to Spain. In three hours.

Now, we've been walking since dusk and it's currently 10 a.m, as far as I could read from the big clock tower.

I'm exhausted and dehydrated. The heat is going to be even worse in a couple of hours. We need to get away from here quickly.

"Alyona, I'm tired.." I heard Yelena say from behind me. I turned around and could see her exhausted-self drop on her knees.

Luckily, I was fast enough to catch her, so she wouldn't just crash onto the street.

"Yelena, please, hold on." I said desperately, cupping her cheeks. The back of her head was rested on my lap. "We can't give up. I won't go without you." I said with a shaky voice.

It seemed to me, that the people on the street were staring at us. They crowded around us and didn't say anything.

"Can someone give us water?" I yelled at the crowd, trying not to sound rude, even tho I'm panicking.

"Here." A younger woman answered. I looked up at her and grabbed the bottle of water thankfully.

Yelena had closed her eyes by now, so i unscrewed the bottle and carefully held Yelena's head up, so she wouldn't choke on the water. I let some drops fall into her mouth, which I held open by the jaw.

"Why are you out here all alone?" A man asked from the crowd. I kept my focus on giving Yelena the water she needs.

"I'm afraid that I can't tell, sir." I answered. I brushed my thumbs over Yelena's cheeks.

"Do you have somewhere to stay? You're injured. You can stay at my hotel." The young woman, who gave us the water asked. She seemed to be native-english speaking.

"No. You're already doing too much for us." I said as I patted Yelena's cheeks in attempt to wake her up.

"But I'd like to help." She said again, this time crouching next to us. "I doubt that you're adults." She added, looking at me.

I don't think I have any choice, other than to trust this woman. Yelena is tired, I'm injured, perfect conditions to get caught by the Red Room without being able to fight back.

"Okay. I agree." I said. The woman's face lit up as i agreed. She doesn't seem dangerous, or I would've sensed it by now.

"I'm Maria. Maria Hill. By the way." She spoke.

That name made something in my brain click. I know it from somewhere. I thought about it for a second, but then shrugged it off. I'd just use fake names and we're set.

"I'm Sofia Jovanovic and She's Alissa." I spoke as i continued to pat on Yelena's cheeks.

It appeared to me, that the woman had the same confusion written in her face, as I have experienced when she told me her name.

"Yelena. Wake up." I softly spoke, quiet enough so only Yelena hears it, shaking her. Her green eyes met mine and she looked around. She sat up and looked at Maria.

"Be careful. Don't stand up too fast." Maria said to Yelena. Yelena nodded and stood up very, very slowly and carefully.

Maria helped to support Yelena. I carried the case in one hand and supported Yelena with the other. We slowly walked to, what appears to be, Maria's car.

We got into the massive SUV. Yelena in the passenger seat, and me in the back.

...