Chapter Nine

I know y'all wanted an update, so I did it as fast as I could. enjoy!

***

"No."

"No?" Leo asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes!" Milan exclaimed.

"Yes? Or no?" Leo questioned again.

"Yes," Milan answered after a brief pause.

"Yes... You want to come to my room?" Leo wanted to make sure, and Milan nodded in response.

Leo stared at the other boy for a few moments, before he turned around and started walking away. He was only a few steps ahead when he noticed that Milan wasn't following him.

"Are you coming or do I have to carry you now?" Leo said.

"I can walk!" Milan replied, nodding eagerly again as he started following Leo up the stairs.

Leo opened the door for them, and once they were both inside, he closed it behind them, flicking the lock shut. Milan looked around the room, which was quite bland in his opinion. There were no posters or photos up on the wall, unlike his. But then again he hadn't changed his decor since he was sixteen, so it had a lot of Panic! At The Disco posters.

The only thing that broke the monotony of the room was an acoustic guitar which was hung on the wall. Milan turned to face Leo as soon as he noticed the instrument.

"Do you play?" Milan asked.

"No," Leo paused, "but my dad did."

"Oh... Is your dad—"

"Kai is— Mr. Nahar is not my dad, neither is his husband," Leo continued, "they adopted my sister and I a few years ago."

"Oh." All of it suddenly made sense to Milan.

"Your friend, no offence but they're kind of a human gossip magazine—"

"I won't tell anyone!" Milan cut him off, "nobody knows so I'm guessing you'd like to keep it that way."

"Yeah."

"Your secret is safe with me," Milan said.

"Okay."

"I'm sorry," Milan spoke up after a moment of silence.

"For what?" Leo asked.

"Coming over like this, I'm guessing this was why you didn't want our tutor sessions to be at your place?" Milan said, and Leo nodded in response, "I apologise for uh, invading your privacy like this. I won't tell anyone."

"It's not like I care what people say," Leo tried to justify, "but—"

"You don't have to explain anything to me," Milan interrupted him once again, "I already know more than you wanted me to, clearly. I promise I won't say a word."

Leo didn't trust easily, infact, he didn't trust at all. Ever since he was a little, he had seen his father fool people, only for him to get fooled later. He wasn't a bad dad to Leo, he was quite a loving one, for that matter. But he wasn't what you would call an ideal citizen.

Some of his foster parents were okay, and the others... Not so much. Leo had learned that getting attached and trusting people only led to disappointment. His only priority was Maya, and nobody else.

But for some reason, as Leo stared at Milan, he couldn't help but feel the urge to trust the boy. Leo was not a great judge of people by far, but something in his gut was screaming that Milan wouldn't break his trust. That Milan was good.