Chapter Eighteen

"Hey, I was just calling to ask if you thought about what I said. I really want to see you, I can drive down and we could get some lunch? I also found an apartment so if you want then I can bring you to the city and we can just hang out? Like old times? Let me know. Bye."

Milan sighed as he heard the voicemail his brother left. As much as he wanted to meet him, he was terrified of how his father would react if he got to know about it. He didn't even know that Milan was in contact with Ben, if he did then he would surely be livid.

It didn't matter that Milan was eighteen and would be off to college in a few months, as long as he was living under his old man's roof, and his bills and tuition were being made by him— Milan had to do as he said.

"You should really meet him, I like Ben," Quinn said, "remember when he used to take us out for ice cream every weekend?"

"Dad would kill me," Milan muttered.

"Who cares? What's the worst that he can do?" Quinn asked.

"You don't get it, Q. You're..." Milan paused, "white."

"Well, you were born in America too!" Quinn protested.

"Yeah, but that's just not how things work in my family," Milan sighed. It was really hard to explain how Asian households worked to people that had fairly liberal parents.

"Fine! Then you already have a secret boyfriend, what's another secret?" Quinn pointed out.

"Leo's not my boyfriend," Milan said.

"Sure," Quinn replied sarcastically, "what do you call someone that holds your hand, walks you to classes, picks and drops you home from school, kisses you before parting ways, shares his sandwiches with—"

"Enough! You've made your point," Milan cut them off, "we just haven't decided on labels yet so I don't want you saying the B word in front of him to freak him out, okay?"

"Wow."

"What?"

"You're living, breathing proof that getting straight A's doesn't mean a person is actually smart," Quinn said as they lightly shook their head.

"Mean," Milan grumbled.

Milan opened his phone, and typed out a message to Leo.

To : Leo | From : Milan

wanna get ice cream?

~~~

"Leo has a boyfriend! Dad! Leo has a boyfriend!" Maya yelled, as she ran downstairs to the living room.

"No, I don't! Give me back my phone!" Leo exclaimed as he tried to chase his sister.

"He's going on a date with him and they're getting ice cream and he's not taking me with him! Tell him to take me too! Dad! Tell him!" Maya said as she hid behind Roan's legs.

"I'll take you out for ice cream later, how does that sound?" Roan asked.

"No! I want to go with Leo and his boyfriend!" Maya shook her head.

"He's not my boyfriend," Leo muttered. Yet, he thought, but didn't say out loud.

"Oh, really? Then why were you sending him hearts?" Maya sassed.

"Stop reading my messages!" Leo groaned as he ran his hand through his hair.

"Maya," Roan looked down at her, "you shouldn't read other people's messages. That's not a nice thing to do."