26

*This chapter is smut, like straight smut. If things like voyeurism or slightly dubious consent make you uncomfortable, this chapter may not be the best for you.*

—————-

Y/N's POV:

You hadn't expected the medication given to you by Doctor Reiki to pack such a punch. It felt like rocks were weighing down your eyelids by the time you and Dabi made it up to your apartment. You managed to make it to your bedroom but didn't have the energy to change into different clothes before falling face-first into your pillow. And by the time you woke up, it was already past noon the next day. 

Jesus, you'd slept over a full day. It was probably much needed after all the stress your body had been under, but you wished that the Doctor would have told you that the pills would have that effect. After dealing with Zankoku, you didn't enjoy taking things that would force you into unconsciousness.

Rolling out of bed, you stood and stretched. The pain from your broken rib wasn't quite as bad anymore, or maybe you'd just gotten used to it. You quickly freshened up before changing into a t-shirt and then made your way out of your room and into the kitchen, desperately in need of a snack.

"Look who it is." You found Dabi leaning against the counter. "I had to go in and check to make sure you were still breathing a few times."

"Watching me in my sleep? Most girls would find that a little creepy." He'd thrown on a tank top, something you hadn't seen him wear before. Unsurprisingly, it was black, like almost all of the other clothes he wore. You brushed past him and opened the fridge. "Did you hear anything from the doctor about the darts we asked for?"

"He said that they should be ready tomorrow," Dabi came up behind you. "After that, we'll complete our side of the deal and hopefully get some useful information out of Rin Hara."

Hopefully. You weren't a fan of the word. After a few moments of searching through the bare fridge, you gave up and shut the door. Maybe you'd have more luck in the pantry. Dabi's gaze was heavy as you moved through the room, weighing down each step you took. The air between you two carried the burden of unspoken thoughts. Thoughts that you weren't quite ready to address. "We need to go grocery shopping," you stated after looking through the disappointing inventory of the pantry.

"Tell your friends to bring food for whenever they get here in a couple of hours," Dabi said. "It's the least that they can do considering that they're invading our space."

You stifled the surprise that came over your face at the use of the word our instead of your. "I was the one who invited them. I'm not gonna ask them to bring anything." You would just have to run to the store quickly. It wasn't too inconvenient. Sleeping for so long had granted you more energy than you'd had in days.  "I'll go out and grab a few things."

Dabi's arm was around your waist before you could make it out of the kitchen. "It's too dangerous for you to be going out at this point. Besides, you're supposed to be resting."

You rolled your eyes and tried to tug his arm away. "Dude, It's been dangerous this entire time. Nothing's changed. And I slept for over a day, I think that's plenty of rest."

His strength didn't waver. Pulling you against him, Dabi loosed an annoyed breath. "Yes, it's always been dangerous, but now that we're getting closer to finding the weapon we can't take any unnecessary risks."

You groaned. "So you just want me to sit here and starve?" You may have been acting a little dramatic, but you were itching to get out for a bit. Alone. You needed some time to yourself to think about everything before you could talk to Dabi.