Three: The Day After

Raine was still trying to figure out what was real and what wasn't on the way to The Owl House, when the sight of the building took them by surprise.

They'd never seen The Owl House before then, and it was quite impressive. There was a hole in the door (with some organs poking out, but they chose to ignore them) where Hooty presumably lived.

When the three of them got inside, Raine was instructed to lie on the sofa and sleep. They weren't too sure how they were going to sleep with their arm aching, but they were surprised. Apparently missing multiple nights of sleep to work took its toll on a witch, and they fell asleep almost immediately.

When they woke up, the first thing they noticed was that Hooty was back in the door. The second thing was that Eda was sitting in a chair next to them, reading.

"Did the breakout work?" Raine said immediately, sitting up.

"Surprisingly well." Eda put her book down. "Are you feeling better?"

"I- yeah." They realised that their arm had stopped hurting. "Yeah, completely. How did you..?"

"I have friends." Eda shrugged. "More specifically a sister who used to be the Head Witch of the Emperor's Covern."

"That'll do it." Raine smiled.

"I.." Eda's cheeks went pink. "Yeah."

"What?" Raine asked.

"Nothing, nothing, it's just.." She gave a soft laugh. "I've always loved your smile." Eda stood up and walked towards the door. "I'll make breakfast."

Raine felt themself go red. "Al-alright."

Eda smirked. "You're cute when you blush." She winked and left the room.

Raine smiled to themself, hiding their face in the blanket.

"You too." Raine mumbled into the fabric.

yes these chapters are short but i'm enjoying this so i'm gonna continue this