exit music (for a film)

A/N: hey! so glad you could take time to read this chapter! essentially this is the part of the story where metaphorically shit hits the fan for both mel and james. it's quite intense so i just wanted to put a few warnings at the beginning!

as ever everything in this story is for purpose of an exciting read. it may be an intense read, but this is my twist on an unhinged version of dark! james & im hoping it'll be received well. i haven't updated this story for a while due to the fact ive been planning down to minor details about how to execute it.

please be aware of the following during this chapter:

- death in graphic detail
- brutality and harm (violence)
- reckless and drunk driving
- illegal activities
- graphic language
- overall irresponsibility
- stockholm syndrome
- lack of accountability

if any of this offends / triggers you then please skip past the chapter. i have had a few dark ideas for this story for a while and this is where the turbulence begins. strap in for a wild ride my lovelies and read responsibly!

_____________________________________

"I am so fucking sorry." James uttered to break the silence. "I'm so mad at him it's unbelievable."

James and Mel sat in a park. Stars cascaded over their numb, intoxicated bodies, minds dazed and a chilling breeze dancing down their spines; huddling together for warmth the dark haired girl huffed and pressed her thin hands between her thighs. She shuddered with a concoction of rage, frustration and the cool of the nighttime air.

Her mind pondered the eventful evening, and gritting her teeth she inhaled deeply. Button scrunched her nose, Mel sniffed back tears and wiped her hand across her cheek.

Catching a glimpse of the girl in his icy peripheral, James allowed a hand to sprawl across the small of her back. She accepted his touch gratefully though remained silenced. Glacial eyes pooling with pitiful sadness, Melody's eyelids fluttered to discard the tears: the batting was unnaturally fast and furious.

The man gently caressed her and her head fell against his shoulder. She felt his breathing become more rapid at her closing in proximity and sniffled to not ruin his corduroy jacket.

"I'm sorry for how he was." James admitted. "I'll talk to him tomorrow morning before work, and try to make him see sense."

James Barnes was a good man. There was darkness in the way he'd sworn off her brother which intimidated her, though she knew it was from a protective standpoint. He'd whisked her away as swiftly as he could and ensured her brother was to be looked after too. It meant a lot that he took the time to be so thoughtful.