Objective: Get The Diary

A week later, Clover came back more miserable than ever. Chili Pepper, on the other hand, was happier than she's ever been in her life. Clover was putting his stuff away in his locker when Chili Pepper punched him in the arm. "Hey! Get your hands off me! Oh, it's just you" Clover said, grimly. "Jeez man, why so grouchy?" Chili Pepper asked, backing up a bit. "Oh, I dunno, I think I caught Licorice's grimness, now even the tiniest of things make me wanna yell" Clover sighed. "What's up with you, though?"

"Oh, everything's been fantastic! That Rye Cookie is just AMAZING! She's so fun!" Chili Pepper squealed. "Oh, aren't you lucky?" Clover sulked. "Why must everything bad happen to me? First I'm late to class almost everyday, and now I'm stuck with the worse partner ever. I mean, what's his deal!? I wanna work with him, but he does all the work for me and then kicks me out, and I... I... I JUST CAN'T STAND IT!" Clover yelled. Practically everyone was staring at him at this point. Clover cleared his throat "Sorry for the unnecessary out burst, but I can't take it with him, it's like he's hiding something from me" he whispered to Chili Pepper. "Well, whatever's up with him, I wanna find out what it is. I can't have him spreading his emo disease to my bud" Chili Pepper whispered back. Just as they were whispering, the bell rang.

In class, the two started scheming. "So, how are we gonna find out what's up with him?" Clover whispered. "Not sure... wait, didn't that dude have a diary?" Chili Pepper whispered. "I-I think so" Clover said. "That's it, we steal his diary and find out what's eating him" Chili Pepper grinned. "Isn't that an invasion of privacy?" Clover hesitated. "You wanna know what's wrong with him, or not?" Chili Pepper said, crossing her arms.

The two later agreed to take the diary, but Clover was still a bit unsure of the idea. Later on, after class was over, Licorice was occupied elsewhere. The two rushed to his locker. Chili Pepper decided to pull on the lock. "What are you doing!?" Clover exclaimed. "What does it look like I'm doing!" Chili Pepper exclaimed. "Wait wait wait! We don't even know it's in there!" Clover shouted. "Well, how do we know it's not in there?" Chili Pepper said, being hard-headed and stubborn. After she got tired of pulling, she punched the locker. She ended up hurting her hand after that stupid decision. "That... wasn't the smartest idea, no offense" Clover winced. "GAH! Whatever! At least I'M trying!" Chili Pepper exclaimed. "Sorry..." Clover said, but before they could do anything else, Licorice was coming over. The two of them hid around the corner and watched as he inspected his locker. "What the... why does my locker have a dent!?" Licorice exclaimed. Trying to keep his cool to prevent himself from screaming, he put in his code and took out his backpack.

Turns out, it didn't matter if they opened his locker or not, because Licorice already had the diary with him. He walked into a corner and Clover, being curious, slowly snuck up on him. He watched as Licorice whispered what he was writing. "Dear Diary, today my sister, Pomegranate, kept bugging me about Clover" He's writing about me Clover thought, and listened in more. "She keeps saying over and over that I'm shy around him. Well, maybe I am, because to be honest, he's kinda cu—" Licorice stopped there. "Oh, who am I kidding?" he sighed, tearing out the page. He crumpled it up, and put it in his pocket. I'm kinda what? Was he about to insult me? Does he dislike me that much? Clover thought. Then, as Licorice turned to the corner, he bumped into him by accident. Clover freaked. "Licorice! Sorry, I-I was just..." Licorice cut him off. "Ugh! Why must you always be here!? Is this what being partners made us!? Did it make you so that you're next to me 24/7!?" he raged.

Clover froze. "Sorry..." he said once again. "I'm sick of your 'sorry's!" Licorice pushed passed him. Clover felt like crying. Chili Pepper, seeing everything, ran up to him. "Dude, are you okay?" she asked. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I'm not gonna stop trying to find out what's wrong with him" Clover chinned up. "Man, you're confident" Chili Pepper mumbled, impressed of his determination. At lunch, Licorice sat a notebook next to him. "Looks simple enough, kiddo" Chili Pepper said. "Not really, he could turn at me at any moment" Clover said. "No worries, I'll distract him, making it easier for you" Chili Pepper said. "Maybe a little too easy..." Clover mumbled. "Are you really afraid of stealing a lil' notebook? C'mon, you can tell me" Chili Pepper crossed her arms. "Can't you steal it? You're the swift and quick one, you can swipe it and he wouldn't even notice" Clover said. "Mmm, yes, yes I can, but honestly, I want you to try taking it this time" Chili Pepper smirked. Clover was kinda annoyed, but Chili Pepper said "I'll distract him for ya, don't worry".