A weekover (Part 6)

Later that day, Chili Pepper kept teasing Licorice about Clover, but eventually got tired of doing so. Licorice sighed in relief when he noticed she was done. He headed towards the kitchen to get a tiny snack, when Clover walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. "Oh, Clover. What's up?" Licorice asked, turning to him. "I just wanna ask... what was up with you and Chili Pepper earlier?" Clover asked. "Oh, that? Not important" Licorice flushed, and then proceeded to search through the cabinets for a snack. Pomegranate walked in for whatever reason of her own. "What are you two doing in here?" she asked. "Of course you would wanna know" Licorice scoffed. "I was uh, just about to leave" Clover awkwardly smiled. "Uh huh, if you're not occupied, I'd like a word with you" she said. Clover knew it was urgent, so he followed her up to her room.

She poured herself a cup of tea, but none for Clover. Clover didn't question it, because he already knew the reason: she was upset with him. "About our date, I really thought I could expect the best from you, but I guess I was wrong" she sipped her tea. "I-I'm sorry that our uhm... date wasn't the best, but I'd like it if you didn't try to kiss me without my permission!" Clover exclaimed. "Hmph. I get it you're too much a coward to kiss me. Tell me honestly, have you even kissed anyone in your life before?" Pomegranate scoffed, clearly ignoring his words. "U-Uhm, well no, but—"Pomegranate cut him off. "If we're gonna have better dates, you need to learn to kiss me"

Clover starting getting a bit uneasy. "Th-That's not the point, it's not because I dunno how to kiss you, it's because I don't like you kissing me without my consent!" he exclaimed, practically clutching his fists at this point. "Well, ask me to kiss you then" Pomegranate said. "Huh!?" Clover exclaimed. "You're going to have to ask me at some point. This is what my mother expects for me. For our future, you know" Pomegranate said. Clover could tell all she wanted was a kiss and was just making up excuses. "Fine... you can kiss me... as long as you don't chase me around trying to kiss me again or anything" Clover sighed. Pomegranate smirked a mischievous smirk.

She got up out of her chair and bent down to Clover's face

She got up out of her chair and bent down to Clover's face. The kiss was very... awkward. None of them seemed to be enjoying it at all. "Ugh! I want you to kiss me, not slobber all over my face!" Pomegranate shouted. "I'm not trying to, but you moving is making this kinda difficult..." Clover said, trying to adjust himself. Pomegranate was getting annoyed and ended up pushing him to the floor. "P-Pomegranate, I'm sorry, I—" Pomegranate dropped onto his stomach, making him lose some of his air. "Just stay still and let me do it myself!" she shouted. She leaned down to his face and kissed his lips. Clover felt... icky inside. The kiss didn't feel right to him. He thought this would be a kiss that would last for just a second, but she held it for a while. Clover wanted to move, but he thought it would be rude to just push her off, so he prayed for it to be over in his head.

He looked up after hearing some footsteps approaching. It was Licorice and Chili Pepper. They both stared at him and the crazy girl on him. Clover panicked and finally pushed Pomegranate off. "Oh! Hey guys! Uhm, it's uhm... not what it looks like!" he stuttered. Chili Pepper looked weirded out while Licorice looked blank. "Jeez, if you two are gonna get freaky, at least close the door" Chili Pepper laughed. "What!? W-We weren't doing anything like that!" Clover shouted. Licorice didn't have anything to say, but instead, walked straight to his room and locked the door. Clover noticed this, and ran to his door and knocked. He called out "Licorice!? Are you alright!?" Behind the door, you could hear the sound of soft sobbing. Wait, what happened? Is something eating him? Clover thought, very worried. But, he was fine just a moment ago...

Clover thought it would be best if he'd just leave Licorice alone to cool down. Later that day, Licorice still didn't come out his room. Clover started to get really worried. "Did something happen to him while I was up there? What's troubling him?" Clover asked Chili Pepper. Chili Pepper already knew the reason, but all she said was "uhhhh... not that I saw" Clover pondered. "Did his mother yell at him again or something?" he mumbled. Chili Pepper didn't respond because she didn't know what to say and anything she wanted to say would make things kinda awkward. After a while of silence, Chili Pepper said "well, why doncha go check on him? He's probably over uh... whatever's bothering him by now" Clover nodded and headed towards the stairs. He hurried to his room until a voice startled him. "Clover Cookie" said the voice. He turned to see Pomegranate with a cup of tea in her hands. "I want to apologize for my inconvenient actions, here" she said, handing him the tea. Clover thought. Was she actually serious? After all she did to him earlier, was she really serious? Clover, being the kind boy he was, forgave her anyways.

He accepted the tea, blew on it and took a sniff. It smelled odd. He thought it might just be him, but he decided he wouldn't drink it right now. "Is it okay if I put this away for later?" he asked. He saw frustration light up in her face. "Why not drink it now?" she struggled to keep her face straight. "I... uhm... I'm not thirsty right now" Clover smiled, awkwardly. Pomegranate quietly sighed. "And when you are thirsty, you will drink it, right?" she put so much emphasis on "will", that it pretty much chilled Clover's spine. "Uhm... y-yea...?" Pomegranate did a mischievous smirk again. "Okay! Make sure to put it in the fridge so it won't get warm" she suddenly perked up, like she has a sudden mood swing. Clover didn't say anything, and went back downstairs to put it in the fridge. Once he did, he went back upstairs to do what he was originally gonna do. As he was about to knock, Pomegranate interrupted him, saying "I wouldn't knock if I were you. He gets really testy" Clover started getting annoyed by her, but didn't respond. He continued to start knocking when Pomegranate said "did you hear me? I wouldn't knock if I were you"

Clover took a deep breath, looked at her in the eyes and smiled. "Well, you're not me" he said. Pomegranate gave him an offended look, but then stamped her foot on the ground and went back into her room without saying anything. When she was finally gone, Clover knocked on Licorice's door and called out "Licorice? Are you okay? Can I come in with you?" Silence. Clover was about to walk away, when he heard footsteps approaching the door. Licorice's eyes were red and he had tears all over his cheeks. "Licorice! Oh my, are you okay? What hurt you?" Clover wiped Licorice's tears away. "N-Nothing... I was just... a bit upset about... something..." Licorice sniffled. Clover gave him a hug. "You can always talk to me if you want to" he said. Licorice felt so warm. "Clover...?" Licorice mumbled. "Yes? What is it, Licorice?" Clover asked. "Are you... in love with my sister?" Licorice asked. "Oh heavens, no. She's too pushy for me, no offense..." Clover said. Licorice sighed a sigh of relief. "Thank god..." he mumbled under his breath. "Huh? What was that, Licorice?" Clover asked. "Oh, nothing" Licorice said, with his face slowly forming a smile.

Chili Pepper came upstairs to witness the scene. She grinned, knowing these two were going have history together for a long, long time.