4. The Choice is Yours

You say you got a man and you're in love, but what's love gotta do with a little menage?

|December 20, 2016|
5:15 pm
The Robinson Residence, Los Angeles

The entire week, Malia had been walking on eggshells.

Not because she felt guilty—which she was—but due to her unresolved anger with Chris kept her from feeling. But because she had done such a dirty deed that her paranoia has her thinking the closest to her knew about. The morning after her tryst with Michael, she'd returned home with unanswered texts and messages all throughout the night from Chris.

It was an easy excuse to use her sister as a scapegoat for where she'd been because due to Amaya's unnecessary disdain towards Chris, she'd knew that she wouldn't have answered his call on his hunt to find out where his fiancé could've possibly been after he stood her up last minute.

Another argument took place when she'd gotten home that early morning, as per usual lately. Tensions were high because Chris was mad that she hadn't come home all night and Malia was angry that he stood her up yet again and hadn't thought to let her know. They rarely spoke until this morning. Today was their their engagement party, so they had to look the part of the happy soon-to-be married couple.

If she thought her nerve level was high all week, it surely broke the charts when she'd seen Michael conversing with her fiancé. She knew whatever they were talking about had nothing to do with her and Michael particularly, but there goes that paranoia settling into her psyche deeper.

"Why you so tense?"

She turned around sharply at the sound of her sister's voice before smacking her teeth, "Why you creeping up on people?"

Turning back around, Amaya raised her brow looking in the same direction as Malia seeing Michael and Chris and smirked.

"Look at your side nigga talking to your main one—"

"Can you shut the hell up! You always so damn loud!"

Right about now, Malia regretted telling her sister what happened because of how loud her mouth always gets.

"You need to stop being so paranoid, if Chris knew, him and Michael's interaction would be very different right now."

"I just... I don't—it's weird. I feel like they're talking about me."

"That's just the guilt of a cheater." she shrugged her off. Malia averted her eyes back to Amaya and squinted her eyes at her in disapproval. "I'm not a cheater..."

"Well, whatever term you wanna use..." she'd said before she walked off finding something to do in the large backyard of their parents' home.

Left standing alone in her stiff body again, Malia took a deep breath and inwardly cleared her mind before deciding to walk up to Christian and Michael who were engaged in conversation alongside other men.

Michael's back was facing her so when she walked past him, the scent of her Chanel perfume invaded his nostrils. She joined Chris at his side and locked her arm with him with a smile stretched across her face before she greeted the men. She locked eyes with Michael behind his shades that she was positive was hiding his deep stare on her. They were outside and it was sunny, she couldn't figure out for the life of her why he felt the need to wear them, but in this situation she was glad because she couldn't handle looking into his eyes directly right now.