I

It was six in the morning and Michael and Malia had just finished their last round. Her head was laid on his chest with her leg draped over his, secured in his tight hold.

The sun had began to rise so his room wasn't as dark and they could see each other's face clearly. She kissed his chest and tilted her head up to meet his face and placed a lingering kiss on his lips. He smiled at her and moved a piece of her hair out of her face. She leaned in for another kiss.

"We need to get up," he whispered against her lips, "I gotta go soon."

He was going back to Indiana for the next week for a family reunion that was happening as summer is approaching quickly.

"I'm gonna miss you so much. A week is too long." she laughed even though she was serious.

"Well you could come..."

She knew what he was hinting at. She could very well go with him, that's if she ever leaves Chris. It wasn't the first time Michael has hinted at Malia leaving Chris or just flat out told her to. At the beginning of their affair, it was just some fun, sneaky shit for him to indulge in. He never expected to fall so deep for her and now that he had, he wanted her all for himself. The chase wasn't as fun anymore. Plus he didn't see why she'd still marry him given the circumstances.

She sighed and sat up, pulling the comforters up to her chest, "You know I can't, Michael."

He smacked his teeth lightly, "You just don't want to..."

"You're about to leave soon and I won't see you for a week," she laid back down on his chest, "I'm here with you now, let's not fight right now." she rubbed his chest up and down lightly.

"It's already May, when you gon' call off the wedding, Malia? Or you gon' marry him still?"

"I have to do it the right way, Michael. We'll talk about it when you get back. I don't want you to be upset before you go, so just relax."

He signed, letting the issue go for now.

"Aight, ima let you handle it."

"I will." she told him softly before straddling his naked body with her and leaning over so that their foreheads and noses touched.

"I love you." he told her with that sincere look in his eye he always has every time he'd say it.

"I love you more."

She didn't know it at the time, but she didn't have much longer to keep procrastinating because karma had other plans.

Hey y'all, um this is just an interlude while i'm still writing the next chapter. So moat likely when i am taking long with updates, i'll do these which will be just minor—with key info—interludes that take place during the course of Micheal and Malia's sinful relationship. Thanks for reading in advance!