Chapter 31 (Domani's POV)

I was in a shitty fucking mood today. My guys have been steering clear of me in hopes of avoiding my lashing out. I ended up just locking myself in my office at The Velvet Lounge to get a moment of quiet. I planted my hands on my desk to shut my eyes for a second. I can't even pinpoint what the hell I'm even mad at. I guess I can pinpoint it, but I haven't admitted that to myself yet. That only pisses me off even more. 

My thoughts were cut short when there was a knock at my office door. The place isn't open yet, so I know it can only be one of three people. "Yeah" I called for them to open the door. It was my cousin Alessandro, and by the way he poked his head in the doorway, I assume he's already heard about my mood. "Hey, man, are you busy?" He asked me. I was just standing there holding my desk, so he wasn't sure what he was actually seeing here. 

"I was just taking a minute" I told him, straightening my suit jacket before taking my place behind the desk again. "Yeah, I heard about that. That's why I came up. What's up? Did things go bad with the Serbians?" He looked for a logical explanation. Only, my explanation isn't logical.

        "Nah" was all I said about it. "Then?" He tipped his head at me. My nostrils flared which made him take a tentative seat across the desk from me. "I'm just in a shitty mood. No reason," I looked away from him to pull open my laptop. "You act like we didn't grow up together. I know you" he chuckled, which only irked me more. "Did you come here for a reason or just to gossip?" I ended this bullshit conversation. "Uh, I came to ask you why everyone is hiding from you. Someone's gotta talk some sense into you" he leaned back with a stupid smirk. 

"And that person is you? Get out of my office," I waved him away. 

        Alessandro is my number two, but he's also just my cousin who can piss me off just like anyone else. "Elio said you snapped at him. Now he's in a bad mood too. I came to stop whatever the hell is going on," he didn't budge. "There's nothing going on. Elio wouldn't stop pressing me just like you're doing right now, and I told him to fuck off. If his feelings are hurt that's his problem" I waved him off. 

"If it's not business then it's personal...do you even have a personal life? All you do is fuck and work" he chuckled. I wanted to throw this stapler at his head, and when I eyed it he removed it from my grasp, like he knew what I was already thinking of doing with it. "Ah, you haven't gotten laid. Your pipes are backed up" he nodded like he understood something now. 

I sucked my teeth at him. "I have no problem getting laid. I'm not you," I messed with him. I get laid plenty, the problem is I can't seem to douse this fire that Mia Fiore has set inside me. 

        I can fuck whoever I want, but I can't fuck her and it's getting to me. I know it's just a bullshit power play thing. It's not like I care that she told me she was cutting me out of her life because we can't fuck around. I barely know the girl. I've spent a handful of times with her. Sure, I guess I know a lot about her now, since I let her talk my ear off the night I took her out, and for the fact that I was present when she told Elio about her past. But still. I barely know the girl. 

I don't care that she had a horrible past. It doesn't get under my skin and make me wanna kill her father the way I already killed her ex boyfriend. I don't think of her when I jerk off. I don't even remember what her mouth tastes like when it's against mine. 

It just pissed me off, the way she went about cutting me off. Who is she to do all that? People don't tell me what to do. I tell people what to do. But when I told her I wasn't cutting her out of my life, she didn't care. She cut me out. It's fucking bullshit. She's sticking to it too. 

It's been a week of utter silence from her. I haven't run into her anywhere around the building, or when I go to Elio's place. Almost like she's fucking listening out for me and hiding when I come. That pisses me off.