Chapter 1 ☕︎︎

1. 𝐴 𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝑂𝑟𝑑𝑒𝑟

ᴥ︎ᴍʏ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇssᴇʀᴛᴥ︎

"Omega" this word has been stuck with Choi Yeonjun for his whole life.

Ever since he reached the age where he can understand what being a so called 'omega' truly meant, his world turned upside down. Learning about things called pheromones, heats, and suppressants truly made the Omega hate being an Omega.

Of course, everyone wants to be an Alpha, who are known to be top of the hierarchy and usually get any job they want, making them the richest out of the 2 (Omega and Betas) The sad part is that Omegas are only considered second of the hierarchy because they are able to mate with Alphas and produce their offspring, regardless of gender. Whereas, Betas can neither smell pheromones, get into heat, or produce an offspring unless a male mates with a female hence, putting them at the lowest of the hierarchy. Betas though do get an advantage when it comes to career and jobs. Like Alphas, Betas could get any job they want, depending on their status and top tier education. This is because Betas are unable to smell one's pheromones and lose their sanity over it. Omegas however do not get much of an advantage when it comes to picking careers or jobs, especially because their pheromones could intoxicate an Alpha. This is where suppressants come in. Suppressants help stabilize the pheromones either an Alpha or Omega release when they are about to go into 'heat.' Since stronger suppressants have been created, Omegas have more job opportunities than they did back then.

Thanks to the invention of stronger suppressants, Yeonjun was able to open up his dream business of owning a cafe. He works there with his intellectual friend, Taehyun, who defines the word perfectionist. Taehyun is a Beta, so whenever Yeonjun gets his heat, Taehyun would always be the first to help. Of course, Yeonjun also has an Alpha friend, Beomgyu, who is like a mosquito disguised as a human to him. Yeonjun often doesn't even associate with Alphas outside of his work but Beomgyu was an exception.

ᴥ︎ᴍʏ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇssᴇʀᴛᴥ︎

Today felt like a normal day for Yeonjun. He woke up exactly at 8:00 am and got ready for work.

"I wonder how many customers we'll have today," Yeonjun thought out loud as he grabbed his car keys, ready to head outside.

Although he forgot something very important

"Taehyunie," Yeonjun called out to the strawberry pink haired boy who looked back to find his hyung running up to him with the cafe's key in his hand.

"The traffic was surprisingly really bad," Yeonjun explained as he opened the door, "I feel bad for those who have to go to work today."

Taehyun nodded with agreement, "wouldn't that also include Beomie"

"Oh yeah Gyu has work today."

"I heard he's close to his boss, so it's okay if he's late," Taehyun added

"Really? Well then again Beomgyu is his secretary and he wakes up really early just so he can game."

Yeonjun never saw or interacted with Beomgyu's boss before even though the Cafe was only 7 minutes away from their workplace. Yeonjun knew that Beomgyu's boss was always diligent about the work he does. Well, that was according to what Gyu told him anyways

Yeonjun and Taehyun went into the staff room and changed into their uniforms they usually wore when working and cute black berets and aprons accompanied with the outfit. After both of them got changed, they made sure to check the supplies they needed for the day and replaced the old baked goods with new ones, as well as the pre-made drinks. By the time they were done preparing the cafe, it was 9:00 am