3 - Floor 60

After hours and hours of crying for the day, I finally decide to leave my room.

Yesterday's events were far too much for my mental state to handle. The second I entered Miss Aird's car, the tears immediately started falling.

I was incredibly stressed the whole night, I almost threw up.

It is not that I dislike Mr. Grey, no not at all. It is the fact that I will be having my first job with absolutely no preparation.

A first job should be the local grocery store, library, or even ice cream stand. Not a personal assistant for the most powerful man in New York.

Yes, I did my research.

Walking to the bathroom right outside my door, I look in the mirror and look at my red nose and eyes.

My father is downstairs, waiting to talk to me.

"Lily! Come down here, now please!" He yelled for about the 10th time.

Wiping the fallen tears away, I head towards the stairs to talk to my curious dad.

I see him at the bottom, "What happened? Did he offer you an interview?"

I stay silent, unable to speak about the subject.

"Lily, this is important. It took me months to schedule that meeting with him and he stopped it in a second. If you weren't late, maybe we would have sealed the deal. And-" he rambled.

But my mom rounded the corner and interrupted him, "Aaron, shut your mouth for a second please." She walked towards me, dressed in a skin tight black dress with red bottom heels on.

My dad pinched his nose, "You shouldn't have came at all." He whispered to himself.

"Nod yes or no, did you get the job?" She said to me calmly.

I nodded yes and sniffled. Thankful she isn't going to make me use my currently shaky voice.

Aaron perked his head up and let out a sigh of relief, "This is great news for me!"

She smiled and turned around to my father, "That is amazing news." Walking away, she grabbed a coat off of the coat rack, "I'm going to grab a coffee on Wall Street."

My father seemed to be in a daydream watching my mother walk away in the very flattering dress. Taking the chance, I turned quickly and ran up the stairs.

Miss Aird sat across from me at the grand table in our kitchen.

"No, Lily." She sighed, "You are not supposed to admit that you would rather die than work for him. Let's try again."

I nod and take a deep breath in.

"Why would you like to work for us?" She asks calmly.

Looking through my millions of notes, I try and find an answer, "Because my father wants me to." I shake my head quickly, "No! I would like to work for you because..."

"Because!" I drag out, "Can I just go to bed? I have to wake up early tomorrow. He wants me there by 8am."

She sighs and places all my papers in a folder. Giving me a nod of approval, I hop up out of my chair and run towards my bedroom.

After completing my nightly routine, I lay tomorrow's outfit on the floor and jump on my bed. It only takes me a few minutes to fall asleep after so much studying for my first day tomorrow.

Shaking extremely hard, I am glued to Miss Aird's passenger seat.

"Go, Lillian. You'll be late." She says pressingly.

I choose not to answer and scrunch my face. Large bursts of trembles encase my body greatly. Im not too sure if I could walk right now without falling.

One of the largest things I despise my parents for is never giving me the proper social childhood every kid needs. It truly has affected the way I live my life. I don't have the courage to hold a conversation with a therapist.

How am I expected to hold a job, especially as a personal assistant to Klein Grey?

Miss Aird picks up her phone quickly.

I snap out of my trance, "What are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm calling his employees to come and get you." She says bluntly.

My eyes widen, "No! No no no..." I grab the phone, "Don't burden them."

"I'll go- I'll go in." I fan my face to prevent the tears from falling.

Miss Aird gives me a small smile, "You look so beautiful, honey. I know this frightens you quite a bit, but I promise you everything will be okay."

She leans over and gives me a kiss on the forehead, "I'm just a phone call away."

My lip starts to quiver and tears begin to flow down my face, "I'm so weak."

Miss Aird frowns and pulls me in for a hug over the car's console, "Baby, you are not weak."

"Yes, I am." I cry out.

She rubs circles on my back until I calm down, "If you don't leave now, you'll be late." She says with another small frown, "My strong, strong girl."

I look towards the building, tears still streaming down my face.

Panic attacks I could never control. They've always come very often, but always at the worst times.

Right now, I would consider one of the worst times to have one.

I open the door and head towards the building.

Walking towards the front desk, with documents in my hand, I speak to the receptionist.

"I'm here to see Mr. Grey." I whisper.

She looks up, "Are you okay?" Her face suddenly drops, "If you're another woman claiming to be pregnant with Mr. Grey's baby, I'm sorry but-"

"Uh- no! No. My name is Lillian Heart. Today is my first day." I wipe a fallen tear.

She perks up, "Oh! I have you right here."

"You lucky duck! Please head to...

Floor 60."