i | what makes love a reality?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

what makes love a reality?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

IS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT an imagination or a reality?

The barrier between these two may be very thin, thus creating a state of confusion between the two. Imagining the happy ever after for every love story even throughout their unpredictable instabilities with their relationship seems like a deceptive thought. Screaming matches, punches being thrown, words as red thorns being pierced through the air. All while being under the deception of love. Their love can remain strong, fools would say. All of this is just a nook in the relationship, they're lies traveling through the air currents. Oh, how idiotic we can be?

The question remains, is this the truth or a detailed vision?

The distinctive certainty of an emotion that can't even be seen between our fingertips is a thought that many refuse to think of. When we think of love we think of a bleeding heart resting on our hands. We think of someone's heart being ripped out of their chest and letting the red solution drip on the floor as the rhythm starts to die down. Some may think of a story that ends in death creeping in after love inserts a way into these lovers, and both die at the hands of their falling emotions. Romeo and Juliet had fallen into the depths of love even after only knowing each other for 72 hours. How could this love grow so much that they can't feel the need to simply exist without each other? Was this a reality? Or was it imagination?

But one thing is true– imagination and reality are both scary to experience.

How can you tell if love is real?

Blurred memories of papers plummeting to the ground as students raced to get to their next classes seemed faint but with vivid outlines haunted his mind. His backpack hung loosely over his shoulder with his uniform blazer brushing against his jawline while he scurried against the glossed floors. The chattering of bodies filled his senses and distracted him from his goal of moving toward his locker.

Hazel eyes moved from person to person, bending his head in hesitance to meet people's eyes. He could feel them on him, however, staring at him in daggers. They were everywhere he tried to move–and all he could experience were the swirl of eye colors mixing and rearranging themselves. Blue, green, gray, brown. All gazing at his exact movements to wait on him to pounce. Was this how Caleb felt moving to a new school? Was it because of his parents? Maybe if he adjusted his backpack to both shoulders they'd leave him alone and rest in their thoughts.

But then the whispers started.

A blonde girl leans towards her friend, cupping her ear in excitement as she mutters a secret Theo just wishes he could understand. Both their eyes meet his hazel ones once again and giggle with a blush on their cheeks. It's Theo, one of them whispers horribly. I heard his mom and dad own a company about animals, another one whispered. Wait, then why's he going here? He's stinking rich right? Another one says.