00 | a flower in a cloudburst

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

a flower in a cloudburst.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"NOW, WHAT'S THE FIRST THING that comes to your mind when you think of Theodore?"

The pressure of the atmosphere didn't go unnoticed by the three companies that were accompanied in the room. Both of them were distracted by unnecessary intrusions that not even a fly would take notice of. The ticking of the clock flickered with a pull in the moving direction, catering to pulsing out a sound from its actions. The coffee machine that previously held a few cups of the caffeinated drink, released its enchanting aroma into the air, overlapping with the sweet smell of honeysuckles that came from the man sitting next to her.

Satoria knew she could feel the hazel eyes beaming into her body that sat uncomfortably on the brown couch. They were a few feet away from each other, simply so close, but yet so far. Due to the chilly weather, she chose to have a soft pair of sweatpants with a simple crop-top. Theo chose baggy jeans with a graphic tee, having a pair of Jordan's to match the design. Of course Theo had to go all out, didn't he?

"Theo," the said-man meekly corrected with an awkward smile. "Just call me, Theo."

The Therapist–whose name was Shawnda Williams–gave him a head nod and scribbled something on the stupid lined notebook that seemed to cause nervousness to creep into Tori's consciousness.

"Satoria," her eyes never left Tori's. "A pretty name for a gorgeous woman." she smiled at that. "I'd love for us to chat later for sure, but for us to do that we need to get past the first fifteen minutes."

Although Satoria believed the woman was a pain in her fat ass. She couldn't deny how she admired her professionalism. It was her job to help her patients–Tori hated that word...alot–and no matter what she's still going to get her money, right?

Satoria sat up from her slouching position on her place on the couch and took a deep breath. "That's definitely a hard question there," This caused Theo to pout in confusion. "There're so many positive things about Theo that I don't know where to really start with...."

She could hear the tapping of Theo's shoes from a few places next to her. The eerie feeling crept up behind her like a past ghost of a dark shadow. Watching her every move and judging her thoughts. Tori simply hid her nervousness behind a blank face, hoping no one amongst the four walls could sense her feelings.

It seems as if Ms. Williams was getting sick and tired of the silent air. "Okay fine. Let's start with something more simple. What brings the both of you here today?"

Satoria's breath hitched at her question that did make sense after all. Why were they here today? They had gotten into another argument like usual which sucked. But what about this argument triggered an immediate response to see a whole couple's therapist? Is this what they've come too?

The same question that had her freeze caused an opposite response to the only man that was in the room. Theo ran a finger through his soft curls. "Lately w-we've," he sighed as he looked over at the woman next to him. "We've kind of been having issues lately.

Ms. Williams made no singular change in her facial features. "Describe the issues."

Now this is where things got a little iffy.

Theo knew the look Satoria was currently giving him, and he knew he was on thin ice already. Her glare could be felt from miles away, as if it was a pierce through his back. But Theo was tired. He was tired of coming home with a heart full of pain because his girl couldn't communicate properly. He was tired of the lack of trust from Tori's side since she can't get over what happened years ago.

So Theo sat straight in his seat. Looked over at Tori with a matching glare that had her widening her eyes and surprised at the anger in his normally bright hazel eyes.

"Ms. Williams, I'm done."

The said woman raised an eyebrow at his swift change of emotions. "Finally, something to work with. Done with what?"

Theo ignored her sarcastic remark that was followed by the scribble of her wet pen on lined paper. It didn't take much for the air in the room to shift. His hazel eyes found the clock on the wall, realizing that it had only been ten minutes from the last time he looked. They still had about an hour left.

"Satoria, do you wanna take the wheel in this?" he asked, turning to the woman in question. Tori raised an eyebrow at the name that escaped his lips. Satoria, she thought. Who knew it could come to this point?

"Do you realize it makes zero sense for you to mention something and make me talk about it?"

"What else do you want me to do when you've made no effort to at least try?"

Satoria growled at his words knowing deep down he was telling the cold-hard truth. "Well maybe I don't want to talk, Theodore!"

"That's the fucking problem!" he yelled.

Yelled.

Theo never yells.

"I–I know it's hard, okay? I get that and this is totally different then a relationship from five years ago, but I at least need something from you. I feel like I'm talking to a wall. A stone cold wall that won't even try to break and communicate. Now here we are at a therapist that we both agreed to go to and you're not saying anything."

"Theo–" Satoria tried to get a word in.

"–I can't be in something that I put so much love in, but all I get in return is pain," his voice decreased in volume as he looked at her in her eyes. "I really can't."

At first, the beginning described love as a blooming flower that blossomed amongst the pouring rain and brightened sun. It withstood the stormy nights and all the cloudbursts that shook its green leafy stems that were embedded into the dry soil on the rocky Earth. But now, this describes the pain that the flower goes through. Oh no, flowers don't just see a bright beam bathing in its roots. They go through trials and tribulations steamed from days of harsh cold weather. Suffocating its inward beauty with dread and sorrow pouring down on their tiny build.

Not every single flower can overcome a cloudburst.

"Theo, I just need you to wait on me, okay?"

There were so many words Theo wanted to say at that moment. 'For the tenth time?' or 'Do you even love me?' but he stuck with giving her a strained smile.

The man full of hope didn't even know if they could withstand a cloudburst.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

hi friends! welcome to forever book 2. i'm finally starting updates and im actually so excited to share this book! there are so many changes like the layout and the povs and stuff like that so i cant wwait to post the first chapter and show yall! ilygsm and i hope u enjoy!

don't forget to drink some water! ily

~precious <3