I'm not the girl he'd want by his side

"I'm not the girl he'd want by his side, Amy." I turned back to my screen whith cursor blinking at me to complete the sentence. I couldn't find words, my mind was fogged. It was after another debate with my cousin on the same topic we always had, my thoughts clogged to the sentence.

Im not the girl he'd want by his side.

My eyes found their way to the group i always admired in the cafeteria. Their smiles radiated such power but the one that always found its way to my heart, give a little knock, and shake the insides of me.

His eyes were sharp and firm all around the campus, but when with his gang, they turned to the softest curves of his face, forming such a beautiful carving that only a Greek god could be allowed with.

I couldn't remember how long was i looking at him, but my staring gaze definitely ignited his intuition to look for the eyes on him. In a swift movement, i shut my laptop and gather my phone. My hands were shaky, and with a swift goodbye to the blonde girl sitting in front of me, i left for the library.

My cheeks were hot, burning hot. Felt like that mere seconds of contact could light up my whole body. My mom always warned me to stay away from fire, and now was i doing so.

I joined the silence between the walls of a sparsely occupied room. It was for the best, for him and for me. Even if i dare to touch the fire, i had to remind myself that the healing was something i couldn't do on my own. And that was the worst part.

"Running away from the police?" Jason appeared between the shelves and i realised we were the only people around except for a girl at the far corner of the room.

"Worse than that" He chuckled and closed the book down, seating beside me.

"So, what's the deal?"

I sighed, pulling out the shiny water bottle from my bag.

"Kim again. Sometimes it creeps me how much i think of him." I gulped a big portion from the bottle, feeling the cooling sensation gush through my chest. I couldn't differ from whether it was from the intense brisk walking or the sight of the hot guy I found endearing to look at in the cafeteria.

"Are these signs of obsession?" I gaped, a little water spilling near my mouth.He shook his head and let out a brief laugh.

"No silly, these are signs of an intense high school girl crush" I rolled my eyes and pulled out my laptop to resume working on my draft. It was due at the end of this week but I decided to complete it before time.

Jason continued reading the book he had paused before and i launched myself to complete the page today itself. Fortunately I finished in the next twenty five minutes and found him taking notes beside me.

"Hey you know where do we have to submit this week's draft papers?" He looked up from his book and thought on it for a while.

"Im not sure, lemme check" He pulled out his phone and started typing. In the meantime, I decided to check if i saved a copy in case i lose the orginal one.

He scoffed turning to my side, an amused look playing on his face.

"Guess who's doomed today? You!"

"And whys that?" I peered up at him who was standing excited in his seat.

"Mrs Joan said all draft assignments for the weekend can be submitted to Mr Kim Namjoon starting today effectively."

My chest tightened and i could practically hear my heart banging drums and rolls, the vibrations crawling up to my ears.
"Noo, WHAT THE FUCK"

"Yesss that's the fuck!" He exclaimed pointing down at me. His body shook like a monkey at a bar after fighting off his rivals.