Chapter 5

Wanda woke up not knowing where she was. But she did know her bottom was wet and uncomfortable and she was alone. Piety, her brother came to mind and she wanted him. Her powers reached out to feel for his aura but he wasn't anywhere near her. Her brother was never too far away that she couldn't sense him. Somehow she knew he wasn't going to be able to come for her. Tears came quickly then and she began to wail. Not that crying would help her. This would be her life now with no one to come for her when she needed cared for.

But then a woman with red hair came rushing into the room, a concerned expression on her face. Her voice was soft and raspy as she approached, "It's okay, detka. What's the matter, honey hm?

"Asha.." The little witch sobbed out automatically.

Natasha, Wanda then remembered the woman taking care of her- the warm bath, the sweet sauce and the funny crackers to eat, sitting with her when big Steve came in, the soothing bottle as exhaustion overcame her. She knew another thing; she wanted to be near the woman again. The little held her arms out and Natasha pulled her up from the bed, situating her on her hip as she began to bounce and sway in a calming motion around the room. Wanda instantly found comfort in the embrace and her cries were reduced to whimpers as pressed her face into the woman's shoulder. The Widow continued to talk to her in the easy, steady tone, "Sh, sh, it's alright. Waking up on your own can be kind of scary, huh little one? Where's your paci?"

Wanda did not know what she was referring to but her rescuer found something on the bed and popped it in the little's mouth, "There you go. How's that, detka, better?"

Oh, it was better she realized as she nodded her head. The Sokovian hadn't even realized she wanted it until Natasha had given it to her, but she definitely liked the feeling out it in her mouth as she tugged on it. Wanda still felt sad but better with Natasha there and her tears stopped.

"It's okay, baby." The redhead then asked, "How's your bottom, hm?"

Wanda squirmed and pouted, remembering her discomfort, "Ucky."

"That's not comfy. Let's get you changed, yeah?"

"Yah, peas." Wanda agreed from behind the pacifier, adding the distorted please as she let herself be laid back down on the bed. Natasha produced a clean diaper and wipes, quickly getting her cleaned up and into the fresh diaper while Wanda's fingers toyed with the fringe on the blanket near by.

"You like the blankie, detka? Is it soft?" Natasha asked cheerfully as she snugly fastened the diaper.

"Sof." The little looked at the pleasing blue color. Her big self would know the colored was call turquoise.

"Should we take it to the living room and watch something on TV before dinner?" The woman suggested.

"Sof. B'ue." Wanda repeated and tried to entangle it in her grasp to pull it closer to her.

"That's right. It's blue. Good job, baby." Natasha's praise over her simple statement made her tummy go warm. And it got warmer when the spy helped her by grabbing the blanket, sitting the girl up and putting the blanket around the her shoulders. Without Wanda having to ask, Natasha picked her back up and carried her back out into the living room.

She set her on the couch and sat next to her, flipping the TV on. She asked idly, "What would you like to watch, sweetheart?"

Wanda couldn't remember the last time she had been in front of a television. She didn't know how to answer or what to answer so she stuck one arm out from the blanket and pointed at the screen for a response. Nat smiled, "Okay sweetie, how about Moana?"

Wanda rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, trying to clear the sleep that still lingered there and gazed readily at whatever was about to happen on the TV. Natasha pulled up the movie and her eyes lit up at the vivid colors dancing on the screen and the happy music introducing the story. She recognized a little girl playing on the beach with the funnily behaving water. She took the paci out of her mouth and presented it to the screen, "Detda."

She looked at Natasha who nodded with an amused grin, "Yeah detka. That's baby Moana. She doesn't need your paci though, you can keep it."

"Moa." Wanda gladly replaced the pacifier in her mouth and continued watching with rapt attention.

By the end of the song where Moana was singing about her island, the little witch was waving her hands at the television with her hands glowing with magic. Suddenly the little realized what she was doing and tucked her sparkling hands underneath the blanket once more. She glanced nervously at Natasha who picked up on her worry, "It's okay, honey."

"Sorry." Wanda still practically whispered, not sure why but having a vague sense that her magic was bad to Natasha.

The redhead leaned forward with a kind expression on her face, telling her again, "It's alright, detka.. Can I see?"

The girl gave her a cautious look, trying to gauge if she would get in trouble. But the woman seemed genuine when she said it was okay and did not appear angry with her. Slowly, Wanda took one of her hands out from under the blanket and showed her the red magic there. The Widow placed her hand under Wanda's bringing it closer to get a better look as she exclaimed, "Wow, very beautiful, sweetheart."

The little blushed at the attention, Natasha's thumb brushing through the harmless, dancing light on her palms. She let her hand go and Wanda shifted a bit closer to the woman, again watching her for a reaction. Nat just smiled at her and Wanda asked shyly, "Up?"

"Of course." She opened her arms, "You can sit with me, detka."

Wanda moved over to the woman, sitting between her legs with her owns legs over one of Nat's thighs and her head tucked against her shoulder. The Black Widow encircled her arms around her as they both settled in to watch the rest of the film.

----

Upon Wanda waking up bawling, Nat immediately mentally added baby monitors to the list of things she should buy. Fortunately she had been near and was able to get to her relatively quickly. It was actual less fortunate and more purposeful as she had been hovering around the hallway to periodically check on the little. For how upset she sounded, Natasha was surprised she had calmed down so quickly.

Now the little was wrapped in a blanket and curled up on her lap contentedly watching Moana. Again she seemed surprisingly relaxed with her, like the way she sought comfort when she was caught off guard by Steve's size earlier. Wanda was a perfect, little warm bundle against her that she never wanted to let go of and she wondered if this was close to how normal caregivers felt with their littles.

Natasha tried to shun the thought that she could be a caregiver like Wanda needed. She shouldn't be daydreaming and getting her hopes up about having someone so sweet as Wanda to take care of. She was just the best option for Wanda now, a temporary situation until a superior option came along. She could live with that.

She realized that she was watching Wanda more than she was watching the movie. But she was distracted by how glossy the little's hair was and how she wanted to card her fingers through it. Natasha didn't want to disturb the little witch though while she was watching the movie.

//

Hello, hope everyone is well and hope you are enjoying the book. Love to see your thoughts and feelings. Thank you for reading!