Chapter 14

Natasha was practically at Wanda's door when she realized the time. It was after 10:00 now and while she had made fun of Clint for it not being that late, it was actually a bit late, especially for Wanda who usually have an 8:30 bedtime when she was little. She cursed to herself, turning around to plan for speaking with the witch tomorrow, but as she did she almost immediately ran into Wanda with her blanket around her shoulders and holding a glass of water.

"Were you looking for me?" The brunette asked curiously.

"No. Yes. I mean, I was going to but I just realized the time." Nat said inelegantly.

"Oh, that's alright. I was having a hard time falling asleep anyways." Wanda confessed, still looking a curious as to why Nat would be seeking her out. Then she looked worried, "Is something wrong?"

"No. No, nothing is wrong I just want to.." She trailed off. "Do you want to sit with me in the living room? I just wanted to speak with you."

"Oh, okay. Yeah." Wanda agreed, the worry not really leaving her face. The pair went to the couch, arranging themselves close but not touching. The Sokovian sipped her water before setting the glass down to fidget with her fingers.

Nat felt uncertain how to start so she decided to begin with asking the same question she'd asked little Wanda a few days ago, though with a bit more tact, "What do you think of Sharon?"

"Oh." Wanda looked down somewhat avoidant, "She's nice."

"She is.."

Before the redhead could say anything else, Wanda cut in anxiously, "Do I have to go now?"

"What?" Nat was thrown off by the question.

"Do I have to leave now? I thought I had more time before I had to go." The witch looked completely anguished.

"You don't have to go anywhere." Natasha rushed to tell her, alarmed by her heartbroken expression.

"But I thought-"

"Wanda, I'm asking because- I'm asking because I wanted to know if you'd rather stay.. with me. And I could be your caregiver." The Russian watched Wanda carefully, trying to gauge her reaction, but she just stared at her for a long moment as if she didn't understand the words she was saying.

Finally the younger woman rasped out, "You'd be my caregiver?"

"Yes.. If that's what you wanted." She began to backpedal, feeling like maybe she had made a mistake, "If you don't want to that's-"

But her words were cut off and Wanda was falling into her arms crying for the second time that day. The Russian froze at first but quickly wrapped her arms around Wanda, not caring why she was crying just wanting to comfort her. She soothed her like she would if Wanda were little, "Sh, sh, shh, it's alright. You're okay.. What's wrong sweetheart? Shh, you're alright, detka."

Her hands rubbed the younger woman's back, feeling the sobs that rattled her slowly fade away. Wanda calmed enough to speak, her voice muffled against Nat's shoulder, "I thought you didn't want me to stay. I thought you didn't want me."

"Oh, sweetheart. It was never about that Wanda." Natasha squeezed her a little tighter, "It's just in the Red Room they conditioned us out of being caregivers. It was a distraction from the work. I thought- I thought I wouldn't be any good for you."

Wanda pulled away then to look Nat in the eyes, though she held onto her elbows, "Whatever they did, it didn't work. You're so good. You make me feel so safe and special, Tasha. You have no idea."

Tears started to mist over the Widow's eyes and she pulled Wanda to her again, "You make me feel special too, sweetheart."

They stayed like that for a while, just embracing with relief and happiness that they wouldn't have to give the other up. Eventually Nat could feel Wanda begin to slacken against her and she gave her a gentle nudge, "You want to come sleep with me, little witch?"

"Yeah.." Wanda exhaled, her voice hovering between big and little. The Black Widow helped them up and they walked to Nat's room. Once their the woman carefully broached the subject about changing out of her underwear.

"Do you want to change into a diaper, hun?"

"I'm not little." The brunette protested lightly, but their was a hint of a whine in her voice that indicated otherwise. Nat knew if she didn't convince her then they would wake up in a puddle.

"I think it would be a good idea though, just in case." Nat went and grabbed a diaper from underneath the changing table and handed it Wanda. The younger woman finally nodded and went to the bathroom to switch out her bottoms, only to come back a moment later with the diaper still in hand, her sweatpants removed and pink cheeks.

"Do you need help, detka?"

"Yes, please.." Wanda came forward and Nat had her lie on the bed to quickly get her sorted. Wanda rubbed her eyes as Nat secured the tabs on the diaper and then helped the witch back into her sweatpants as well. She grabbed a stray pacifier from the nightstand.

"Do you want this too?" Wanda accepted the pacifier, balling her fist around it instead of putting it in her mouth. Little Wanda did the same thing, almost always having on in hand to be ready if she needed it. Nat had kept meaning to get her a clip so she could attach it to her shirt but she hadn't gotten around to it. She made a mental note to order some tomorrow for sure.

The two climbed into bed with Wanda snuggling up against Nat. The woman drew her in nearer, pressing her nose into her hair that still smelled like the lavender bubble bath she liked.

Wanda sighed contented when Nat kissed her forehead, telling her, "Good night, detka."

"Nigh' Tasha." She murmured as she began to fade off into sleep. Natasha stayed awake just a little bit longer to enjoy the feeling of knowing Wanda wanted to stay with her, that she would be the one to take care of her. She listened to her breathing even out into steady little huffs before Nat finally let herself fall asleep as well.

//

Yeah! They finally figured it out! Hope you liked this gooey-mushy chapter :) If you would take a sec to vote that would mean a lot to me. Thank you for reading this book! Until next time! ~Raven