2. Research

"Hi. Are you alone?" this pretty and very feminine girl with beautiful long hair, approached me first.

"Yeah. Do you want to join me?" I invited. Since I am alone. Just relaxing. I'm a regular in this bar.

She then sat beside me and introduced herself, "I'm Jean. And you are?"

"Blaire. Nice to meet you. What are you doing here?" I initiated a conversation. You know. To be friendly.

"Oh you'll find out soon." Jean teased then continued, "I always notice you here."

"Ah yes. I love the atmosphere. Wait so you're a regular here too?" I replied.

She nods then said, "Cheer for me."

Then she left and I turned to look where she goes. Turns out that she's actually a singer as she walked towards the stage. I didn't notice because I only come here for a drink every two or three days. To unwind. To meet people, if there's any interested.

I watched her sing her song. She's into classics. That's nice.

After I finished my drink, I left.

The next days. And the following more days. Jean had always been there to approach me. And somehow, we became good friends.

Until one night.

"Blaire. I think. I need to tell you something." she held my hand as she tries to say something. She's had a little too much of liquid courage and you can tell by the ways her speech slurs.

I, too, am a little tipsy. But I can manage. I have high tolerance to alcohol.

"Oh yeah? Spill." I told her then sipped more from my drink.

She hiccuped and began talking, "When I first saw you, I couldn't keep my eyes from you. Then everyday, I'd always sneak a peek of you. Just to admire you. Then we got to talk. Became friends. The more I know about you. The more invested I get."

"Blaire, I am very attracted to you. So much. My heart is so confused. I see you more as the person I want to spend the rest of my life with than my man. What should I do?" she says and her eyes are watering down.

"Jean. That's-" I was about to respond but she suddenly pulled on me to kiss my cheek. I was startled so I stood up.

"I think I have always liked women. But I could never bring myself to admit it deep inside. Not until I met you, Blaire. I couldn't stop myself when it's you. I like you so much. What should I do? Why does my heart beat this way?" Jean began bawling and her tears are falling heavily.

"Jean hey. Calm down." I tried patting her back. I am surprised but I emphatize with her. You can't help who you love. And it's not like I'm appalled by her.

"What the sense of having this heart if it's not going to listen to me? Because it just kept beating for you, Blaire. I don't know what to do. I feel so miserable everyday." she still speaks out her miseries.

She digs her head onto her hands as she cried out. Her long hair now all over her face. So I fixed it for her.

"Jean, there's nothing wrong with what you feel. It's just that society labeled you as wrong. That's why you feel miserable." I told her while I still try to tuck strands of her hair behind her ears.

She looked up to me and to my surprise, she leaned on me for a kiss in my lips.

I was startled but then it didn't totally feel bad. It's my first kiss to be honest. So it made my emotions surge still.

After a quick smack on my lips, I quickly pulled away from her. Then she looked at me endearingly. I see her eyes full of emotions for me. I was touched by how genuine she seemed to have wanted to put her feelings across for me.