12. Mirror

I saw Blaire getting pulled inside a car. I hurriedly attempted to run but to my surprise, the car stopped in front of me.

The windows lowered and I saw that critic, Daniel Kim inside. He was wrapping his arms on Blaire's as she attempts to break free.

"I'll just discuss something with the pretty chef. I'll bring her back." the critic said and I attempted to insert my hands on the closing window. It entered so I grabbed his hair. His head hit the car window as I pull on it.

"What are you doing?! This is kidnapping you f*cking criminal!" I fiercely grabbed on his hair. I'm not letting go. D*mmit! That's my pretty chef you're suddenly borrowing!

He groaned and yelled as he attempts to close off the window. He ordered his driver to go off but I tried running along with it. I won't let go! Never!

"Jesse, let go! That's not safe! I'll be back!" I heard Blaire yell and I felt her hands pull mine away from that bastard's hair. She held my hand firmly and pushed it out the window from it's stuck position. So I was left catching my breath and looking at the back view of the car.

I saw Blaire look back from the rear with a worried look. While that as*hole pulled on his right eye down and stuck his tongue out to mock me. F*ck. What does that critic want from her anyway? Gaaaahhh!!! That's my babe! I swear if anything happens to her, I'll pull out all that jerk's hair from his head.

Naturally, I went back the restaurant annoyed as hell.

Andy approached me and said, "Jesse. Let's talk. Meet me in my office when your head is cooled down. As for Blaire... let's also discuss that."

So I cooled down by baking some biscuits to treat the staff.

"Wonder Jesse. You're always such a darling."
"We look forward to you as our next executive."
"Hey, I'm still here you know. But it's good to know I'll retire my position to a reliable person."
"Your biscuits never ceases to uplift our moods."
"Blaire.. Are you both going to be alright?"

I sighed. So much for destressing. Ofcourse, Blaire and I will be alright. Whatever happens, we'll make it work. I will make it work.

I cooled down a bit. As well as the staff, too. Thanks to my wonder biscuits. They always work their magic. Tee-hee. So I head over at Andy's office.

He was leaning on his chair with his eyes closed. He seemed tired. And down.

"Andy? I'm all relaxed now." I said as I peeked my head on his office door after knocking.

"Sit down, Jesse." he has this eerie and serious tone to him. Somewhat gloomy. It's making me nervous.

"You and Blaire. What happened would really affect the restaurants credibility. You know how we maintain our stars. And if word gets out, it wouldn't be good for the restaurant." Andy explains.

I felt guilty and responsible. It's not often that Andy has this kind of tone so I said, "I'm really sorry about what happened, Andy."

He sighed deeply and continued, "But I need to take necessary actions. I'm sorry, Jesse. Can you hand me your uniform and apron, too?"

Wait. Huh?
Is this. For real?
My life's work.
My dream job.
No. This can't be.

"Andy, are- but- I-" I wanted to try and plead as I say the words, I realize that his decision was logical and valid. A sanction was needed.

All I could do was loom down to try and hold my tears back. As I accept his decision. Although, I didn't want to.

I removed my apron and uniform so I could hand it to him. I gripped on it tightly. I didn't want to let go.