day four: part three

It felt like hours of driving, the trees feeling so repetitive and never ending. Nick's stomach turns, the familiarity of the beautiful trees turning into the unknown.

He did not know where they were going.

The unknown growing tiring, wearing out Nick, his eyelids dropping.

Suddenly, Andreas removes one of his hands from the steering wheel, taking Nick's hand into his, intertwining their fingers.

It made Nick closes his eyes for a moment, only for them to fly wide open. Images of Reese bleeding into his mind.

He no longer wanted to fall asleep.

The car pulls off the road, Nick could tell as the car shakes and the sound of dirt being crushed by the tires.

The trees growing darker and blocking out the endless blue above.

Nick glances towards Andreas who is focused on the road, looking as though he already knew this road. Andreas runs his thumb over Nick's knuckles, trying to pull him into a false sense of security.

The car comes to a stop, Andreas ripping his hand away from Nick's. Andreas turns to Nick.

"I'll give you a ten second head start" Andreas says, Nick's heart hammers at how calm Andreas sounds

Nick hurriedly unlocks the door, nearly falling as he escapes the car. His feet running over the uneven terrain, his shoulders slamming into the trees, Nick turns around seeing that Andreas is not in the car anymore.

Nick turns back, only to be meet with a object hitting him on top of the head, throwing him to the ground.

Nick withers on the ground, looking up at Andreas smirking down at him.

"I said ten seconds"

Andreas brings the object over his head and slamming it back down onto Nick's head, knocking him out.

Nick's eyes open briefly as he is dragged back to the car, only to close them again.

_____________________________________

Nick jolts awake as water is splashed onto him, the cold water ripping him out of his exhausted state. He is in the seated position, back against a tree, he looks up at Andreas.

"Is this the part where you kill me?" Nick says, water dripping from his hair and onto his face

"No, this is just the scary part"

Andreas grab the back of Nick's head, picking him up and slamming him down on to the trunk of the car

"Please please, why are you doing this to me? Please don't" Nick cries, tear running fast down his face, wetting his cheeks and sticking to the trunk

"Stop talking" Andreas presses Nick's head harder against the metal

White noise filled Nick's head, he couldn't hear a single thing, he tilts his head up to the trees, watching them sway and the grey sky darken

Why was it so quiet?

"I want you to cry"

_____________________________________

The long windy roads cut through the heavy forest, at the end of the forest lead back to home. The skies clearing up and the birds chirping. It was like heaven leaving the forest, leaving behind the dark green loneliness and the ocean on the other side.

Andreas was leaving behind his issues and his eternal fury.

His car needing a desperate clean