012 you and jay?

012  you and jay?

012  you and jay?

The group were sitting on the floor again, Maleea's hand in Jay's, her head leaning against the blonde man's shoulder. Steve stealing glances at the pair every now and then, finally understanding what it must have felt like for Maleea to see Catherine that day at his house. He felt as though the brunette woman had ripped his heart out with her bare hands and proceeded to hand it to the blonde man as a trophy. He felt awful that Maleea had to go through that. Whilst Steve was lost in his thoughts, he felt movement next to him, he turned to the man who was getting to his feet. "Don't, don't." Steve warned, but, the warning came too little too late. The pair fought, a knife flinging out in the process, Maleea scrambled forward, grabbing a hold of it, she placed it in her pocket, Steve standing to defend the man now on the ground, a weapon pointed in his face once again.

"Who are you? You're not a tourist. I said who are you?" Maleea immediately stood, knowing this could only go one of two ways, she hovered next to Steve, who softly pushed the woman behind him. "And you?" The weapon was being shifted between the pair, Steve raised his arms, to show he was not a threat. "My name is Steve McGarrett, I'm Five-0, but before that I was a Seal, just like you. BUD/S class 203." Steve identified himself. "And her?" The weapon was waved in Maleea's direction, Steve's hand flying in front of her. "She's Five-0 as well." Steve informed. "Did they send you in here to get me?" Maleea shook her head. "No, she was here on a day out with her boyfriend -" Steve started, wincing in pain as the words left his mouth. "-and I came in by myself." He finished. "I don't want anyone else involved until we get a chance to talk straight, okay? You can tell me what really happened. For your service I thought you deserved at least that much." Steve spoke once again. The weapon was lowered. "I didn't kill my wife."

"Okay. I believe you man. We're trying to get to the bottom of that right now." Steve nodded, eyes assessing the situation constantly. The man began tapping his pockets, breathing becoming heavy as he searched for something. "Where is it?" Instantly Maleea knew what the man was looking for. His weapon raised at the pair once again, whimpers of fear chorusing from behind them. "Where's the knife? Where's the knife?" He repeated, waiting for an answer. "Wait, Graham. Graham, listen. Nobody took your knife. Alright, maybe you lost it, but you have a gun. Graham, you have a gun, that's right. You're in control, everybody here knows that. We all know who's in control here. But you gotta listen to me, if you're telling me the truth, my team is gonna find that out." Hearing mention of their friends and colleagues made Maleea take a sharp breath inwards, hoping they could get the pair and Jay out of this mess, Steve's hand flew back at the sound of the woman's sharp breath inward, grabbing her hand to give it a reassuring squeeze before moving back to its original position, raised and facing the man.

"They're working the case as we speak. But, you're not making it easy on them. Holding all these people here. You know, you gotta do the right thing for yourself, for your daughter." Steve tried to coerce the man into releasing the hostages, Graham not liking the mention of his daughter, raised his weapon again. "Where's Lily?" He demanded, Maleea assuming that was the name of his daughter. "My team has her, she's safe." Steve informed. "I promise you, you have my word. Lets just let a couple of folks go." Steve negotiated, a wicked smile taking over Graham's face. "Come on, you're a SEAL and your best tactical advice is for me to let go of my only leverage?" Graham laughed humourlessly. "You've got us." Maleea piped up, Steve's head snapping to face her, brows furrowed, he shook his head, turning back to Graham. "No, no. You have me, she's not a part of this." Steve shook his head at Graham, who's eyes darted between the pair. After an exchange of words, Graham refused to allowing any hostages to leave, but allowed Steve to patch up the man he had the altercation with before. Once Steve moved from in front of Maleea, she became fair game - or so Graham thought. He grabbed her and half her as his favourite personal hostage again, hoping it would keep Steve away, the man rising to his feet. "Uh, uh, uh." Graham took a step back with Maleea, waving the weapon around, conflict showing on Steve's face he looked at the brunette. 'I've got this' she mouthed. Steve sent a short nod before backing off.