just a friend? (Jihyo x M reader)

Sometimes when you've known a person for so long they're basically family, and for (y/n) they've grown up knowing Jihyo all their life, having parents in the same profession did make it easy but as you grow up sometimes feelings can change.

I know this says M reader but it can be an F reader, the gender is not really mentioned a lot. I hope you enjoy!

Word Count: 2920

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"(Y/N)! Jihyo is here!" You heard you mother yell for you from downstairs.

Almost immediately you leapt off your twin sized bed and sprinted down the stairs, sliding around every corner with your socks. As you turned the corner you saw your new friend standing there taking off her shoes as both of your parents welcomed each other.

"Jihyo!" You called out to the child who matched your energy as she came running up to you and engulfed you in a hug as she gave you a happy smile. The two 6 year olds welcoming one another before anyone else. 

"Mom! Can we go play?" You excitedly looked up to your mom for her answer

"Yes but be careful and come down for dinner soon." Your mom agreed as she welcomed her coworkers into your home.

"Having kids the same age sure makes things easier huh?" Your mom spoke up to which the four of them all nodded in agreement. The fact that the two of you got along so well made things much easier.

Both of your parents could only smile as they watched their kids run off to do who knows what. As your dad turned to face Jihyo's father with a subtle smirk on his face that you would one day adopt.

"Who knows maybe they'll get married one day."

"Yeah don't get ahead of yourself." Jihyo's father answered causing a small uproar of laughter from everyone.

But they never knew what the future would hold as they watched their two kids run off into the backyard.

"(Y/N)... You're too good for her, you shouldn't let her make you like this." Jihyo tried to reassure you as you laid in your bed.

"I... i know... I won't let it get to me..." You said through a sniffle. 

You weren't one to typically feel this way but with it being prom and everything you couldn't help but feel extra sad when your date stood you up. It also didn't help that Jihyo had spent months trying to convince you to build up the courage to ask Momo to prom only for this to happen.

"You should just go to prom... don't let me ruin it for you." You muttered out, trying to sound strong.

"I'm not leaving you tonight (y/n) I'm sure Chaeyoung will understand why I didn't go don't worry. I'll go get you some water." Jihyo smiled getting up from your bedside, not before turning around to meet your gaze, flashing you a smile.