Prologue

I am covered in blood.I wish I could scrub this blood off of my body with the nails of my fingers and drown in my own blood instead.Blood flowing from my own wounds caused by my own wrath.
I feel so cold,colder than I have ever been inside. I have been shattered into a million pieces. I didn't believe I could be anymore broken; anymore tarnished into nothing; anymore....... bang!
A gun shot.
I get to my feet and run as fast as I can.There is only one way to my truest escape. I have already lost everything.Almost every whim of my sanity and every faculty of my being.It is time to accept my death but I refuse to die by a hand other than my own.
I run through the pristine halls, pass each lush room until I reach the room of my salvation. It's almost as if I see a light shine in the room.But the little sanity I have left reminds me its only the madness playing with my sight.Oh, the madness. It ever undoes me.It ever wins the tug of war of my stability from the first time it touched the depths of my mind.
The reminder and memories make me laugh almost hysterically. I laugh out of pain and emptiness.I laugh out of the spreading numbness I thought and believed fervently I would defeat.
I walk deeper into the room of my freedom. I hear heavy frantic footsteps. Their getting closer.......I laugh louder and search for my gun.I find it in one of the drawers and I pause for a bit to admire its obsidian beauty.
Someone runs into the room. "No.....Alice no!"a rugged masculine voice shouts.
I don't recognise it.I'm too far gone."This," I say hopefully, "Is my only way to victory." I aim for my head and shoot.
But I feel no pain, only ecstacy.