Welcome

Those of you who are close to being able to count the years you've been on Wattpad in decades may well remember the Smackdown contests that used to run in The Pub (the coolest place to hang out on Wattpad at the time)!

These Smackdown contests came in varying guises and covered different genres including Science Fiction, Romance, Historical Fiction, and Fantasy, to name but a few, and asked those competing to make use of various prompts (image, music, quote) to write a short piece of fiction incorporating those prompts.

Smackdown contests were knockout contests. A team of judges read each and every entry, deliberated and re-read, before finally a given number of competitors progressed to the next round, the remainder being knocked out of the competition.

Ooorah (and we're sure a number of other Community Profiles) and their affiliated profiles took the concept of Smackdown contests, and very much made them their own, albeit specific to the Science Fiction genre. We've hosted one or two Smackdown contests on our Ambassador-managed profiles over the years, too!

So at this point in time you might well be wondering why you're getting a brief Wattpad history lesson! Well, we're proud to present a brand new Smackdown contest! And if you think you're familiar with these things, believe us when we say you've never seen a Smackdown like this!

Read on to find out more!