•EIGHT•

the following few chapters are based on an amazing fanfic I recently read on Ao3 called 'Compromised'. it's one of the inspirations for me to write this fic lol.

"what the fuck do you mean I have to go on another mission with Choi?!" I exclaimed and looked bewilderedly at Eden

I couldn't believe what this man was saying. I came here happily yet again thinking that it was a promotion but no, it's just another fucking mission. what's even worse is that it's with that pink-I mean black haired jerk out of everyone.

"it means that I've assigned you to a mission you must complete with San." he replied, as calm as ever.

"but to act as a couple?!"

"yes but-" he got interrupted by the door opening to reveal none other than my partner for the mission. he bowed before entering the room, standing beside me.

"what's the mission about, boss?" he asked curiously, probably not noticing the way I looked like I would rip the mission file to pieces any moment.

"you two have to infiltrate and gather information about a couple's resort that is apparently a disguise for a large drug ring-"

"a what resort?!" Choi exclaimed, his voice a pitch higher than usual.

"a couple's resort, San. you two need to act as a couple."

I stood up, getting ready to escape the office, "there's no way you're pairing me up with him."

Choi rolled his eyes, "can't anyone else do the mission? like Naeun and Seonghwa hyung?"

"both are on another mission." Eden stated.

"then pair me up with Jongho!" I said, sulking.

"he doesn't have the qualifications San has." Eden sighed, fed up with us.

I groaned in frustration, "what about Hongjoong? nah wait, he's still healing and I bet Rihyun would kill me. Yunho? Wooyoung? they're probably busy with supplies and don't have the qualifications either. Mingi and Yeosang need to stay here to monitor the mission. ughhh why did Seonghwa and Naeun have to leave nowwww." I said to myself before whining and holding my head.